Does NCL have toys you can check out?

HoopTroop

I don't believe they do but the Under 2 Zoo is open till 9pm. They also have sensory exploration twice a day during some of the days. But if you have a child under 3 (who can't go into the kids club) I would honestly pick another line that maybe has more for that age bracket.

NCL does not check out toys but on the Sky the under 2 zoo was a playroom always open during kids club hours with toys and space to run and play supervised by parents. We loved our NCL experience with our 20 month old and are sailing NCL again next month when she is 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I cruised and never asked if I can check out the toys, I didn't really need too though. I was shocked at the awesome set up Norwegian has for the Guppies, the kids under 3. At least on the Pearl, they have a wonderful play area for the little ones.

First they have a padded play room where they alternate the toys.

They usually have one scheduled event each day for the kids, one day was finger painting. They use organic edible "paints", they are mostly "fruit juice" type paints, well, they list exactly what is in the paint. But they are from organic ingredients that make for a heavy watery type paint. This was the first time my little one painted, it took some help to get her hands dirty, but she sure had fun. BUMMER, I left her first art work on the ship!!!

They also had a day where they brought in plates of Jell-O for the kids to play with. Each kid gets their own plate and watching some of the kids faces was just priceless. My little lady was still pretty skittish to touch the stuff, but she still laughed watching other kids play.

Norwegian needs to advertise the play area a little more before the cruise, while they don't offer any sort of baby sitting, they do have a well run program here for the little ones. We used the area many time during the cruise, it was mostly underused, but well appreciated by my family.

The room is attached to a kids play area pool. This area is enclosed and a perfect place to be on deck. There are a few built in toys to play with, they were so-so, but my little lady still enjoyed. In fact, we once had lunch delivered there. Not by choice, but when you have a suite, they only allow the butler to deliver lunch from Cagney's and well, I wanted to carry it on my own they wouldn't let me, we loved the area for lunch.

HoopTroop

My NCL cruise on the Spirit had an awesome play are for kids to play in for Guppies ( children under three). You couldn't check out the toys but go there to play between 9am and 9pm. You had to stay with them as there is no supervision, but with kids that young you would want to anyway. During certain times of the day they had organized activities like panting using edible pants ( made out of foods so safe if the child ate it) and the one time we participated a parachute. We would go in the MRI morning or/ and afternoon and just let the kids go nuts for a while.

The guppies room alone would get me on another NCL cruise.

I would bring a few toys for them to play with in the room, but mine loved just about anything they managed to turn it into a toy. Especially The trash can which when turned upside down made a nice drum... ( had to hide it in the bathroom).

You don't need toys. We let dd bring her doll and I had a few tinkerbell gifts and magnets for the door (carstock characters with magnets I glued on) and she was set! This is a kid who plays with toys, but also plays with anything. Oh your shoe? Sorry, it's being used for minnie mouse's boat, you'll have to find something else.

DD was under 3 for both cruises and was too young (dcl) for the club. She still had a blast and there was tons to do. The toys I packed both year never got unpacked, the books just sat there as well (this is a kid who LOVES reading, 'more books peas').

I do recommend a soft ball, pail/bucket and shovel for beach and pool/splash pad (if there is one).