Reservation Question

Kim in CA

We had booked a cabin on the Celebrity Summit a couple months ago at a reduced fare through an online travel agency. Once we got word of the 123Go promo, I called to inquire about it, and we were told by that travel agent that the promotion would not apply to the group discounted rates. The difference in fare to cancel and rebook with that agent was more than the drink package was worth to us.

Out of curiosity, I called one of the other large online travel agencies advertised here on Cruise Critic. (From the hints I had read it is one that is frequently used by CC regulars.) I was quite thrilled to hear from them that I could not only book a sweet 16 balcony cabin for the exact same discounted fare, but they offered to pay our gratuities (via on board credit) and said the drink package would apply. So, I cancelled and re-booked. All seems fine, except that our reservation on the Celebrity website doesn’t show the drink package. When I asked the TA about that she said, “The drink package won’t show up as it is not an item you purchased. Your confirmation of receiving the package is in the authorization form.” So, I asked her if I called Celebrity would they be able to confirm that we have the package, and she said, “When you book through an Agency the cruise line cannot help you regarding your reservation; however, I believe the beverage package will also show on your official cruise line confirmations which you should be receiving in about 7-10 business days.”

Can anyone who has booked through a Travel Agent and received promotional goodies such as OBC or the drink packages confirm that what I am being told is correct? I guess I am getting too cynical in my old age. I can imagine standing at the check-in counter on embarkation day with a copy of my authorization arguing with the Celebrity folks about it. :)

I booked through a TA and added the 123-go package in it's initial offering last January. It never showed up on my online reservation summary until a few weeks ago. I've worked with my TA for a long time and wasn't too worried since I had it listed on the agency's confirmation email to me.

Same with OBC offered by the agency over the years which never appeared on our reservation on Celebrity's site. I always figured that if it didn't come through I'd call the agency and they'd take care of it.

Edited by Lsimon

Is there a confirmation of your drink package and OBC on your receipt from the TA?

If yes - not to worry. It can take months before anything shows up on the celebrity website (if at all).

Keep your confirmation from the TA and bring it with you on the cruise. If there are issues, you have your proof and the Captain's Club and/or Guest Services will help.

It took four months after I booked for my drink package to show up on the Celebrity website.

If everything was a 'gift' from the TA, it might not show up on the website at all. My OBC from the TA will not show up until I'm on the ship.

I don't have a receipt exactly. They call it an "authorization" that spells out our deal. It shows the cabin number and price. It also lists "amenity provided by the TA: prepaid gratuities" and "Amenity provided by cruise line: A complimentary classic drink package for the 1st and 2nd passengers in the cabin from Celebrity Cruises."

I will surely bring a copy of this with me. I guess I will not worry about it, but it sure would be nice to see something in writing from Celebrity acknowledging that our reservation includes these things. Hopefully it will appear on our official Celebrity Confirmation paperwork as the TA suggests it might.

Kim

I also booked the drinks package and received some OBC from my travel agent, neither of which shows on my on-line reservation detail in "my celebrity". However, when I phoned celebrity a few weeks ago to ensure things were covered, the telephone agent was able to confirm that my reservation has the two drinks packages included as well as the "gift" of OBC. So don't worry and have fun planning! Cheers,

If you booked with the same online TA I did, and it sounds like you did, they have been slow to get the Celebrity booking done. Give it time, I have booked through them before and if the drink pkg was from Celebrity it will show up on your Celebrity at some point, just keep looking for it.

Our last cruise had the drink package and it never showed up, until we boarded....

Don't worry, it's there. Your OBC won't show up until the da after boarding on your account.

Relax....you got a great deal!!!!

Just need to clarify because I think my post was confusing. I am referring to your Celebrity online booking, I have 3 other cruises booked through that agency and also the one I booked through them last week. The 3 others also had the drink pkg offered, Celebrity provided the drink pkg and the online TA the gratuity. Once the booking was done I could go on "my Celebrity" on the Celebrity website and it did show I had the classic drink pkg. It's taken almost 2 weeks for me to even get the booking number from the TA for the one I booked early last week, so be patient, this was a huge sale.

One of my bookings from that agency had a different offer, if I booked a concierge cabin I would receive the premium drink pkg, so that's what I booked. Online I only showed the classic pkg, so I checked with the TA. I was told the classic pkg was from Celebrity and the upgrade to the premium drink pkg was a perk from the TA and perks from the TA are only added to the booking 1 to 2 weeks before the sail date.

That's why I mentioned if it's a perk from the cruise line it will show right away, a perk from the TA will not. At least that's what they told me.

Thank you to all of you for taking the time to respond to my question. If I am reading my paperwork correctly, the OBC (reimbursement for prepaid gratuties) is from the TA, but the drink package is provided by Celebrity, so hopefully my reservation on the website will show it eventually. If it does appear, would it be in the "My Cruise Extras" section when I am viewing my reservation?