I got UGGED..by the UG FAIRY

luckycruzer

About 3 years ago we got a call from the Upgrade fairy and we got the penthouse suite and we were not even platinum yet. I don't think it has anything to do with how many cruises you have been on. I was told we were selected at random.

Now that being said, Congrats to you for your upgrade. Although the penthouse suite was very big it did have few downfalls.

1. when we arrived it had an over powering odor like bug spray had just been sprayed throughout the room. Took a few days to go away!

2. there is only 1 door leading to the HUGE bathroom (which was through the master bedroom) so anyone staying in the "living area" had to go into the master bedroom to go to the bathroom.

3. You would think that since there is one stuart for only 2 penthouse suites that you would see him/her often......nope we nearly NEVER saw him and several times had to hunt him down to ask some simple questions regarding things in the room.

4. On this particular ship our room was right under the jogging track, so all those very healthy early risers were out there VERY EARLY jogging and we could hear all of them right above us :(.

5. The balcony was obstructed by a life boat. Which I thought was odd for a penthouse suite

It did over look the lido deck , which was kind of cool, and the ceiling to floor windows that went across the entire front of the suite were pretty cool as well!

But all that being said, it was still a once in a life time opportunity and we enjoy it (especially the huge jacuzzi tub in the huge bathroom). Now if you were to ask me to book that room at the regular price...No WAY! The penthouse rooms are not for sale, they said they are reserved for special guests and offered occasionally (like we were) to lucky guest called by the upgrade fairy. You can't just go on line and ask to have the penthouse suites. They were called PS1 and PS2.

I certainly don't want to sound ungrateful, it was GREAT all in all BUT honestly I enjoy every cruise not matter what room I'm in!!!

Edited by MuffyKismet

Are you on the right cruise line? Your own concierge is the concierge desk at guest services.This is not NCL, HAL, Princess or Celebrity!

to a balc, no obstruction....30 minutes after we checked in. Dude just said a Concierge......no matter to me...I am quite indy myself.

I've been used to Diamond perks for sometime...

All I can think that you get is the extra space since you are already Diamond. ENJOY.....

It will be tough after that suite to go back to a 1 anything....LOL

Our last 3 prior to one we got off a few weeks ago have been suites. This last one was a regular size aft balcony. Wife hated the size and said she will not go back into that size again......I am doomed now....more money for the larger space is in my future....:cool:

from a 1A to a Grand suite....going solo, and not been in a Grand.....What will "My own" concierge do for me ?..that I dont already do for myself?..will there be fruits/wine.. I get that most often anyway. The best part it that I am mid ship. I'm a Diamond level, but I'm still grateful for the free bee..cabin change .

All that space and no one to share it with?

Need a friend?

With all that room, the OP could make some friends on the Roll Call and throw a party in that suite! :)

from a 1A to a Grand suite....going solo, and not been in a Grand.....What will "My own" concierge do for me ?..that I dont already do for myself?..will there be fruits/wine.. I get that most often anyway. The best part it that I am mid ship. I'm a Diamond level, but I'm still grateful for the free bee..cabin change .

Congratulations on your good luck! Carnival needs to do more of this to recognize it's best customers.