Baltimore/ train arrival

visconti4

We are cruising out of Baltimore in May. Has anyone else taken the train from Norfolk to Penn Station, MD ? How much is the cab from Station to cruise port? On the return trip, we have until 2:43 before the train leaves for Norfolk. Will we be able to check our bags at the train station in the morning and explore Baltimore for awhile? What is there to do near the train station? Thanks for all your help, greatly appreciated! :D

We are cruising out of Baltimore in May. Has anyone else taken the train from Norfolk to Penn Station, MD ? How much is the cab from Station to cruise port? On the return trip, we have until 2:43 before the train leaves for Norfolk. Will we be able to check our bags at the train station in the morning and explore Baltimore for awhile? What is there to do near the train station? Thanks for all your help, greatly appreciated! :D

Hello. The Amtrak service between Norfolk and Baltimore is the Northeast Regional. Baltimore Penn Station is about a 15 minute cab ride and should cost in the $20-$25 range. On your return you will not be able to check or store bags at the train station. The Northeast Regional does not have checked baggage service. Depending on what time you actually disembark the ship the Inner Harbor is only about 5-10 minutes away from the port by cab. If you get off early you could cab to the Inner Harbor area. My suggestion would be to go to the Hyatt Regency hotel on Light Street which is in the Inner Harbor area. I cannot guarantee 100% success but you could try day checking your bags at the hotel luggage valet and pretend you will be checking into the hotel later in the day.

With your train's departure time you will not have a lot of time to explore much more than maybe the Harborplace Shops or check out the USS Constellation. Be sure to make it back to Penn Station about 30-45 minutes before your train's departure time.

Also, there really isn't anything to do in the area of the train station in Baltimore and the neighborhood gets kind of sketchy after going a few blocks from the station.

Edited by Eng23

Actually, if you go to the baggage desk at the Amtrak stn., you can do short term baggage storage. I believe it is $3 a bag.

I just attempted this recently and Amtrak refused to do so due to security concerns. I was told they would only accept luggage for trains that take checked luggage. It also might be up to each station at their discretion to hold luggage....