Amenity confirmation question: suite wine and water?

NoName

I am enjoying a current review by a cruiser (pcreek) who just sailed in the suite we have booked for this Sat on the Gem. This comment had me wondering,

"Jayson, our butler stopped by – to introduce himself and show us around. I asked if this was our free bottle of water, next to the coffee machine (there were 2 there, the glass bottle, Pellegrino and another plain Aquafina bottle) – he said Well...he guesses we could have it if we really wanted it. Um...every other time in a suite we had a bottle of bubbly and a bottle of water?"

So while on the phone ordering a gift for myself, I asked for my amenity confirmation to be emailed. It lists a bottle of wine. I was thinking this came from our travel agent. Does the bottle of wine that usually comes with a suite show up on the amenity confirmation? (I didn't think it would for some reason?)

So, if I ask the same question as pcreek, I expect to have the same butler as pcreek, and therefore expect the same answer. What should I do in this situation?

I am enjoying a current review by a cruiser (pcreek) who just sailed in the suite we have booked for this Sat on the Gem. This comment had me wondering,

"Jayson, our butler stopped by – to introduce himself and show us around. I asked if this was our free bottle of water, next to the coffee machine (there were 2 there, the glass bottle, Pellegrino and another plain Aquafina bottle) – he said Well...he guesses we could have it if we really wanted it. Um...every other time in a suite we had a bottle of bubbly and a bottle of water?"

So while on the phone ordering a gift for myself, I asked for my amenity confirmation to be emailed. It lists a bottle of wine. I was thinking this came from our travel agent. Does the bottle of wine that usually comes with a suite show up on the amenity confirmation? (I didn't think it would for some reason?)

So, if I ask the same question as pcreek, I expect to have the same butler as pcreek, and therefore expect the same answer. What should I do in this situation?

I was just re-checking my lists of things - I am not sure the wine was for the suite - except with a booking perk. I think our wine came from me being platinum.

How we ended up with 4 bottles last year, I have no idea! But I know they included the Aquafina water. Was certainly not a big deal, as the tap water is just fine.

You can see from this photo (last year) - the wine & water on the table, the 3 bottles of win on the counter - with also the 2 bottles of water behind the 3 bottles (those 2 bottles had the re-order slip with them and were not included)

100_0421.jpg.a66cdc7a421dd6c60fc10041f816586d.jpg

The wine is probably from your TA. The suite amenities wouldn't be listed on your suite amenities list. In the suite you get a bottle of sparkling champagne and a bottle of Aquafina water.

You know, that is what I was thinking! We should have had 2 bottles of bubbly (1 for suite & 1 for Platinum) & one water. We were robbed! LOL LOL LOL We weren't drinking this cruise - so it really doesn't matter.

I think a lot of things were a little 'off' due to them getting in so late, and scrambling to try to get the ship cleaned AND ready to sail again.

Oh well...guess we'll just have to try again next year! LOL