Anywhere for experienced horseback riders?

Oshawapilot

Both me and my daughter are very experienced horseback riders and have always wanted to ride in the Caribbean – is there anywhere in the St. Kitts area for experienced riders (that can prove themselves on request) to basically rent a few horses for an hour or two of private riding?

We are not interested in the least in one of the typical trail ride excursions - we are basically just looking for a set of horses to go enjoy ourselves on, riding within the boundaries of where they tell us is acceptable obviously. ;)

That is unfortunately what I expected to hear, but I thought I would throw it out there anyways in case there's a hidden gem somewhere that somebody may have discovered in the past. A private stable or something perhaps.

Thanks though. :)

We are also in Tortola on this cruise, so I posted my question in the Tortola forum as well.

I'm not expecting to be able to find what we're looking for in either port to be honest with you, I know that it's a bit of a unique situation for them to be dealing with experienced riders,but like I said I'm throwing it out there anyways just to see if there's a chance. A trail ride situation without any canter or gallop just doesn't do it for us anymore. ;)

Heck, most trail rides will barely even pick up a trot because the inexperienced riders don't know how to post it and up just banging into their horses back, as well as their own butt.

Edited by Oshawapilot

• 2 weeks later...

I read on TripAdvisor that there is or was a stable on or near Cockleshell Beach. The post made it sound like one could take a horse out for an hour or two and it only cost $20. Does anyone have any info on whether this is still open and available?

I read on TripAdvisor that there is or was a stable on or near Cockleshell Beach. The post made it sound like one could take a horse out for an hour or two and it only cost $20. Does anyone have any info on whether this is still open and available?

We did this on Cockleshell in Jan 2011. It was not an on your own thing, due to liability, I doubt anyone would let you do that, even though you do know what you are doing on a horse. I would love to do that though. Our ride was just the two of us and the guide and we rode around, really a nice ride, you could tell the guys loved their horses. They also let my daughter take her horse in the water, which was a dream come true for her. Saftey was out the window on this ride. There were no helmets, we rode barefooted. and the English saddles had stirrups that did not look up to standards. BUT it was fun and I would do it again. It was 20$. Here is a link to my short video of my daughter on her sea ride.