MSC Divina Review - 11/30/13 Sailing

richs52

Great review! I'm thinking about this ship for a trip next year. Like you, I travel solo, so certainly the lower add-on fee is a plus. And like you, I'm pretty sure I couldn't possibly have a "bad" cruise... although perhaps I shouldn't jinx myself. And again, like you, I wish they (and Disney) would homeport in NYC!

Question: I've gotten the impression this is a more upscale boat/crowd. I have no problem with that, but I do tend to be a bit more casual where my, um, fashion sense (or lack thereof) is concerned.

Thoughts?

Richard/Tralfie

It probably only a matter of time before MSC has a ship in NYC. All the others seem to be doing it.

Regarding dress; I was with a large group who weren't the most formal folks, but I was surprised at how many gowns and tuxes I did see on formal nights. All of the other nights were very similar to NCL or RCCL in regards to dress in the evening.

Thanks everyone, I really did have a nice time. I usually cruise solo, and was also happy to find out that MSC only charges 50% of the second passenger rate for solo guests, instead of double like other lines. Now, if they could get a ship to homeport in NYC, I'd be all set!

Your experience matches with what we had on MSC Poesia earlier this year.

Ship was amazing. Entertainment was wonderful, THE BEST. Our cabin was also category 6 balcony, although we did have soft chair. Food was nice...

And I really really really wish MSC made NYC or NJ their homeport we would gladly sail from there.

Edited by Tatka