Cool Excrusion...Why not try something different

mrsfuzzmo

So each time we go to Cozumel (this last week was probably #8 or #10) we do something different. I always laugh when people think the only thing to do is go to Mr. Sanchos, Nachi Cocum or Dolphin Swim.

We've done the Dune Buggies, X-rails, Nachi, Catamaran snorkel, Party Cat, Bar Hop, etc. This time around we did the "Personal Subs" which are like an underwater motor scooter. It was fabulous! It was super easy and while I was worried it would be chilly, claustophobic or our vision would get fogged, none of this was true. Easy to get on and easy to drive. Our vision was crystal clear and we had a blast!! We got to hold some fish, urchins, a sea spider, etc. and follow along with our guide who was in scuba gear. They kept close tabs on us and directed us along to point things out to us.

Just a really cool experience. Different than the "USUAL" stuff in Coz, that's for sure!

scooters.jpg.a2b6cdc42578971702a6eaa2103230bf.jpg

scooterwendy.jpg.f6c3b734aec9064703237c68dd2840f0.jpg

Edited by mrsfuzzmo

Sounds like fun! Can you let the masses know what this excursion set you back? :confused:

$89 pp. In addition we got use of the resorts pool/beach/restaurants etc. It was a really well run operation. The whole thing took about 2 hrs, but we were actually underwater driving for about 30-40 minutes.

$89 pp. In addition we got use of the resorts pool/beach/restaurants etc. It was a really well run operation. The whole thing took about 2 hrs, but we were actually underwater driving for about 30-40 minutes.

Sounds like fun!! If you book on line, I have found prices for $ 79 pp. Can you tell me if you liked the rest of the resort? How was the beach?

Sounds like fun!! If you book on line, I have found prices for $ 79 pp. Can you tell me if you liked the rest of the resort? How was the beach?

There really was no beach, but coral/rock shore, which made it great for snorkeling. It's a dive resort so most of the people there were divers. Nice little set-up. The resort was on the west side of the highway (road) and you walked through a tunnel to the shore. There they had all the showers, a snack-bar and the waterfront, etc. If we'd have known we would have brought our snorkel gear and spent more time there. Instead we went back to the resort and hung out at the large pool for a while get all the salt off! There was also a restaurant and bar at the pool. It was VERY quiet, but they said it's mostly a resort for divers so most were out on dives (plus it was a very slow week being early December). It was nice and relaxing.

We checked with CWS Cozumel and they have a special at $75 plus you can add the all inclusive at the same resort :)

GREAT price! Well worth it!! We also had a photographer that scuba'd with us and we purchased the photos and a video on dvd for $35. THAT was well worth it as well!!

Edited by mrsfuzzmo