Question about purchasing drink packages

CruiseLovinNewlyweds

The do cut off online purchase, or cancellations of online purchases, a few days before the cruise. Probably the four days mentioned by gimletgal above.

You can purchase the packages on board but the cost is slightly higher - $5/day more for the packages that include alcoholic beverages.

The do cut off online purchase, or cancellations of online purchases, a few days before the cruise. Probably the four days mentioned by gimletgal above.

You can purchase the packages on board but the cost is slightly higher - $5/day more for the packages that include alcoholic beverages.

I thought some people (such as Host Andy) confirmed that the drink package upgrade was NOT extra on board? There was some confusion/ conflicting posts on this.

Sorry I'm confused but can someone confirm which it is? I'd like to wait til we get on board to upgrade (we have OBC) but not if its 50% more. TIA!!

I thought some people (such as Host Andy) confirmed that the drink package upgrade was NOT extra on board? There was some confusion/ conflicting posts on this.

Sorry I'm confused but can someone confirm which it is? I'd like to wait til we get on board to upgrade (we have OBC) but not if its 50% more. TIA!!

My understanding is that the UPGRADE is not extra on board. It's when you wait to purchase the package that it is extra.

But, I don't think anyone else had mentioned upgrade on this post, just purchasing.

My understanding is that the UPGRADE is not extra on board. It's when you wait to purchase the package that it is extra.

But, I don't think anyone else had mentioned upgrade on this post, just purchasing.

This is my understanding as well.

A month or two ago they announced an increase in the cost of the Packages when the entire package was purchased on board. Here is a link to the related flyer on this:

http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/en_US/pdf/celebrity-cruises-beverage-packages-price-flyer.pdf

When this was first announced there was some speculation that the upgrade cost would increase as well, and this got very confusing as people were getting mixed answers on this from Celebrity land based customer service. But there were some corrections posted that the upgrade price would remain unchanged and this was confirmed by several recent cruisers including Host Andy.

This is my understanding as well.

A month or two ago they announced an increase in the cost of the Packages when the entire package was purchased on board. Here is a link to the related flyer on this:

http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/en_US/pdf/celebrity-cruises-beverage-packages-price-flyer.pdf

When this was first announced there was some speculation that the upgrade cost would increase as well, and this got very confusing as people were getting mixed answers on this from Celebrity land based customer service. But there were some corrections posted that the upgrade price would remain unchanged and this was confirmed by several recent cruisers including Host Andy.

Thanks! And sorry for the minor thread highjack!:)