Traveling with minor child

disneydave

Just my 2 cents from my personal experience with the 1st cruise we (DH and I) took our son on (BTW Carnival). I don't think you will have any problems boarding but you may have problems trying to disembark in the ports.

This cruise was about 6 years ago on the west coast. I booked an excursion with my DS and my DH was not going on this particular one. From what I had been told and read, DH went with us down to the gangway security area so ship security could see that he knew we were getting off and that it was ok. I have heard that sometimes if 1 parent tries to get off and the other is not present then they need to contact the other parent on the ship or they are looking for the permission note.

My sister has full custody and no contact from the father. I'm not certain if she will be able to get a passport? If we bring her birth certificate should we not let her leave the ship at Belize or Cozumel?

All she needs to do is show the court order that the Judged signed giving her full custody with no contact and that will bypass any requirements of permission from the other parent.