Carnival Past guest party

pacruiser05

On the Glory in April the invite was collected at the door. Our son couldn't go with us.

On the Breeze in November the invite was also collected at the door – my sister was allowed to go with us – however she was also in our cabin.

On the Imagination in November there was no past guest party because it is only on cruises 5 days or longer.

The free drink coupon was in our cabin upon boarding or the next day on each cruise and is valid on any drink under $9.00. The coupon can only be used in the MDR during breakfast, lunch, or brunch. A couple ships are “testing” allowing the coupon to be used in other areas at other times.

Got off Ecstasy this week, for a small ship, it was in the theater and it was pretty full. They took my invite, but never looked at it. The young man next to me sucked down 4 drinks like a vacuum before me and my friend got through one:eek:. The servers must have noticed because I couldn't get another without getting up and getting another.

Not to mention I have used my free drink coupon twice this year at the pool bar!

And I used mine back in August at the pool as well.

OP I suppose you could bring your cruisemate with you and see if they let him/her in. But if not, just go for a little while and enjoy it on your own. It is supposed to be a perk for past guests. I think people should follow that rule. So long as you're at least Gold on this cruise, you will get the invite. Enjoy your trip!

And I used mine back in August at the pool as well.

OP I suppose you could bring your cruisemate with you and see if they let him/her in. But if not, just go for a little while and enjoy it on your own. It is supposed to be a perk for past guests. I think people should follow that rule. So long as you're at least Gold on this cruise, you will get the invite. Enjoy your trip!

I hope that they will move forward with allowing to use the free drink coupon at other places, I'm not always in the mood for MDR food at breakfast/lunch time.

I was on the Dream in November and they did not even look at invitations. Several people around me said they were there and not supposed to be. It took over 20 minutes for our entire section to get a drink. Probably the worst "Past Guest" party I've been to.

I've done six cruises since last year when the new party began and all 4 cruises where we had the party (2 were less than 5 days) they collected the "ticket". That would be Pride, Glory and Fantasy.

They did allow our niece to attend the party without a ticket because Camp Carnival was closed in order to prep for the kids dinner.

They have always taken our invites. Again, this could be varying by ship. I've never been on the Breeze. If I could have brought the thing home for a souvenir, I would have. I've been saving our S&S cards and fun times from the last few cruises.

Here ya go :p;):D

PGP_zps18e3a2e3.jpg

What has Carnival done with this invitation in the past ? I believe it use to be a drawing for a free cruise per ship :D. Then it was a drawing for a free cruise per fleet :) . Then it became a drawing for a free dinner at the steak house :p. That became a drawing for a cheap bottle of champagne :o. Now it's a souvenir :rolleyes:.

What has Carnival done with this invitation in the past ? I believe it use to be a drawing for a free cruise per ship :D. Then it was a drawing for a free cruise per fleet :) . Then it became a drawing for a free dinner at the steak house :p. That became a drawing for a cheap bottle of champagne :o. Now it's a souvenir :rolleyes:.

Hmm, never thought of what they did with the invite after you handed it to them. I always thought they just threw them away, or recycled them. If they did use it for a free bottle of champagne, they can just keep it. That stuff was awful.

Invites were collected on my recent Breeze cruise. It was a fun party - although I have low expectations. Maybe a drink or two and a couple of appetizers. It is only 45 minutes. I did see several folks trying to hoard drinks (which irritates me) and the waiters very nicely said they would be glad to serve them another drink when they were done with the one they had.

You should get it by your 2nd day. The coupons are pretty clear what they are for- coffees, specialty drinks etc - but can only be used in the MDR for sea day brunch, breakfast or lunch. Nowhere else on the ship.

While that is probably true on most ships, on Fascination in June we used ours in the Atrium Bar, and again same ship 2 weeks ago, we used at Piano Bar before lunch.

The last one I went to was on the Ecstasy, last January. I believe it was a 5 day sailing. It was very good. Much better than I was expecting. I think they had unlimited funship specials, twilight zones, etc going around to all in attendance. I went by myself as my cruising mates were off doing other things but I believe they would also have been allowed in if they came with me. Not totally sure though. I surely had enough free drinks there to almost miss dinner later that evening. :eek: They also call up the diamond members on that sailing, show a little slide show of the Carnival fleet both active and retired, and thank everyone for coming along.

Edited by FlyingCruiserNJ