Two Swimming Pools on Crown??!!

Surfgirl

I recently received a thick brochure from a travel company that I've never dealt with before. It described the NCL Crown-- and mentioned TWO swimming pools? Hmmm.. I wonder if they meant the hot tub??!!!

Were there ever two pools? Maybe this company's info is just outdated.

The company's info is outdated by a couple of years. Norwegian Crown used to have an indoor pool on a lower deck, but it was removed to make space for additional crew cabins.

And that indoor pool was great. Weather outside could be lousy and cold, but it was always nice inside.

Took the indoor pool and the cinema out. Afraid she is not nearly as classy now as she was when she was the flagship of the late lamented Royal Cruise Lines.

Glad to hear I didn't miss yet another part of the ship! I found out after the fact that they have a jogging track and a disco. I don't know how I missed that. I would have kicked myself had there been an indoor pool, and I didn't know about it.:D

It never fails to surprise me how you can pour over the deck plans and pictures, board the ship, spend about about 6 days onboard and still have someone tell you about some hidden spot you missed! Crown is small enough that, with a lot of poking around, there's likely little you'll miss. Doesn't help that the pics of the exterior of the Crown on the NCL website are out of date: The exterior shot is missing the fitness/spa area which was plunked on the forward deck .

As for two pools, nope, the info you got is likely refering to the old indoor pool which is gone. Too bad, the Crown could use another pool. The Pasta Bar was actually carved out of the Top of the Crown Lounge which prior to the refit wrapped all the way around.

Archived