Condado (Conrad) Plaza Hilton - restaurants

kokopelli-az

We stayed at the Condado Plaza last week and enjoyed it. I rarely eat at hotel restaurants so I can't comment on the quality of them, but there are a lot of choices along Ashford Avenue. From the hotel head east and the first ones are about a block away. As you walk further there are more. We ate at the Ropa Vieja Grill the first night, which is about 1 1/2 blocks from the hotel and it was the best food of the trip. The Risotto Fritters appetizer was great and the Mofongo with shredded flank steak and the Mofongo with shrimp in garlic sauce were fantastic!

We went to Casa Lola the second night (about two and a half blocks from the hotel). the food at Casa Lola was also great. But, the staff at Casa Lola was what really impressed us. When we left the hotel it was dry, but when we were half way there the skies opened up and there was n place to get out of the rain. We arrived soaked to the skin! The staff got us towels and put us at the warmest table in the restaurant and the hostess even came over and gave my wife her jacket to wear. Everyone was wonderful!

I enjoyed every one of the restaurants and cafes at the Conrad. They have numerous options to choose from. The Caribe Café has a very light, simple menu for a light meal with a large glass front overlooking the ocean. It is great for a quick sandwich or casual meal. They also serve a decent breakfast at a café by the pool. The Denny's on the premises is quite nice and serves a fine breakfast. The setting is much more upscale than your typical Denny's and the service was excellent when I ate there. We had dinner at the full-scale restaurant on the premises which was very good and reasonably priced. I'm not sure if that restaurant was still there on my last visit, though.

However, there are many additional options just a short walk up the block. My favorite breakfast spot is Hacienda Don Jose. It is a casual, local restaurant that has both Mexican and American dishes. The restaurant overlooks the ocean and they often open the windows for the most excellent view. It is by no means fancy, but the ambience makes the visit worthwhile.

Hopefully, you'll have no problem finding a place that suits your appetite. You'll have plenty of spots to choose from within easy walking distance.