Flight Home 1:00 or 4:00?

lcumpire

We are on the Summit Feb 1-8. I am now scheduled on a 4:00pm flight home but rethinking of changing to the 1:00pm flight. The ship is scheduled to arrive at 6:00am but who knows when we would get off the ship.

Thoughts would be appreciated if I should change - we are the kind of people who do not want to be stressed after a nice cruise. Both flights are non-stop so that is not a factor.

Thanx

We are on the Summit Feb 1-8. I am now scheduled on a 4:00pm flight home but rethinking of changing to the 1:00pm flight. The ship is scheduled to arrive at 6:00am but who knows when we would get off the ship.

Thoughts would be appreciated if I should change - we are the kind of people who do not want to be stressed after a nice cruise. Both flights are non-stop so that is not a factor.

Thanx

From all we have read, both of these flights are doable under most circumstances. We are taking a non-stop 6 pm flight in to BWI, but we like to stay on vacation as long as possible.

Nothing is guaranteed, of course, but we docked at about 5:15am. We took one of the Celebrity excursions and had group 3 bag tags and were off the ship with our bags by 8:15am. I may have missed the announced for folks carrying their own bags, so they may have been off earlier. Assuming that there are no delays a 1:00pm flight should be fine.

Can I make a 9:55am flight ?

I would say no way. Most airlines want you at the airport two hours before the flight, and at SJU you have to go through an agricultural scan before checking in. When we were there the agri scan had a short line, but it can get long. The check in lines for some airlines were very long, however.

I would say no way. Most airlines want you at the airport two hours before the flight, and at SJU you have to go through an agricultural scan before checking in. When we were there the agri scan had a short line, but it can get long. The check in lines for some airlines were very long, however.

Question please - I read that cruise passengers disembarking at Pan Am Pier can avoid the agriculture scan by leaving the "Ships Disembarkation Tags" on their luggage - is that true?

Question please - I read that cruise passengers disembarking at Pan Am Pier can avoid the agriculture scan by leaving the "Ships Disembarkation Tags" on their luggage - is that true?

NO, it used to be that way but not anymore. EVERYONE goes through the Ag inspection.

• 2 weeks later...
We are on the Summit Feb 1-8. I am now scheduled on a 4:00pm flight home but rethinking of changing to the 1:00pm flight.

I'd take the 4 pm flight. we stow our bags at Barrachinna's walk around OSJ, have a last meal in the warmth, then head to the AP & home.

FWIW, the AP will be more crowded & therefore more stressful at 1.

Thanx

If it were me, I'd switch to the 1:00 p.m. flight home instead of sticking with the 4:00 p.m. flight. We've done a number of cruises on RCCL and the Celebrity Summit out of San Juan and have had no problems making flights home at 12:30. We are cruising in April and have already booked a 12:35 flight home. One year, our flight home was delayed until around 4:00 p.m. and it made for a long day at the airport and traveling. When they issue you a group number for disembarking the ship, you can always go to Guest Service and request changing to a lower number, if you are concerned about getting off the ship in time. Good luck with your decision.

Edited by marys350