NCL Dawn's starring role in Google Earth

If anyone has any time that they do not spend on these boards, try downloading Google Earth from the following link.

earth.google.com/

Two reasons to do so:

1) It is a really brilliant and fun way to see aerial & satellite photos of the places that you wish to visit on your cruise. It can be a useful way to see just how accessible a place is from the cruse ship dock or how far the airport is to the dock. You can literally (well virtually really) fly around looking below you.

2) If you look at the cruise terminal in New York, your beloved NCL Dawn is bay the dock accompanied by several others.:) :) :)

Follow the west coast of Manhattan Island until you get to the Cruise Terminal and you will see the ships in port on the Hudson River opposite a place identified as Days point

They are just below Central Park and right next to USS Intrepid

or just put in:

711 12th Avenue

New York, NY 10019

I have enjoyed goole earth search of the west coast and Alaska cruises.

Dr. Jim

Yep, That was one of the first places I looked at. Doesn't the Space Needle look odd on the pics ? Mount St Helens is good too with the top missing!

Try a search on Magic Kingdom and look around EPCOT, Universal Etc.

Tip, when looking at areas with significat contours such as the Grand Canyon, tilt the view for a more realistic "flying" experience.

Here is an interesting thing... i found the

lattitude longitude of great stirup cay ... just cut and copy it into the "address" part and it will show you where it is.... it does'nt show up however because its so small! but you will see little white things near it...its my thought that these are large ships!

here it is :

25.8333333 -77.9

Hubby introduced me to the google earth site a couple nights ago - we found our house and flew around our area. It wasn't hi-res near my parents' so that was a bust. But we didnt' think of looking at the ships, Disney World, Grand Canyon, Mt. St. Helens, etc. so that'll be the entertainment for the weekend. Thanks!

Archived