welcome aboard bag question

mxiong90

I would check with Carnival directly, but from what I've read on the forum, I believe that they will deliver them to cabins. I think it is $1/cabin, which isn't bad. Take them to the pursers desk when you get onboard. I believe that they wait until after all of the luggage has been delivered, and its possible that they may not receive them until the next day. I've also seen that you may be able to ship them to Carnival ahead of time, so that you don't need to bother carrying them onboard or when you travel.

I thought about doing that, but I really want to make sure they get them right away. So, now I'm debating either giving them at the wedding as favors (but then do I give non-sailing guests the same items?), personally delivering them to each cabin (or getting one of my sisters to do it for me), or giving them out at dinner the first night. I'm probably going to personally deliver them, since we really don't have that many cabins anyway and most people are staying near each other. I figure that I can either set them by their door before the wedding (or maybe get someone to do that for me while I'm getting ready). Or if I hand deliver that evening before dinner, it gives me another chance to thank everyone for coming with us and helping us celebrate, on a more personal and individual level.

Edited by NL2134

Here are some responses I found elsewhere on forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1480732

Carnival is telling me I can use their shipping company, or pay $1.00 a bag for delivery, but they won't receive them until turn down service the first night.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/archive/index.php/t-1599641.html

You can get a suitcase dedicated to ur oot bags and check it.

You can get someone in your wedding party to hand deliver them

You can pay $1 per bag to deliver them

You can have a small get together at one of the bars and hand them out there

Hope this helps :)