Dawn - Single parent & 2 kids

Pickles61

HI,

I'm thinking about going on the Dawn on 8/28/05, I'm a single Mom & have 2 boys ages 11 & 5. They have both been on cruises before and LOVE them. My 11 year old only wants to cruise. All the times I went on a cruise I went with another parent with children and I'm a little nervous about going by myself with the kids. Are there any single parents that went on this cruise? Could you give me your opinion Are there other singles on-board -I'd like to meet other people to do things with on board so I don't have to go by myself.

Also, could someone let me know if they went with kids on the cruise how the kids liked it. My kids have been on other cruises and have always met other kids to play with.

So far everything I have read about this cruise has been great.

Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Hi PicklesWe just got back from the dawn. I have two boys (4&7) and they absolutely loved it. There is a fantastic kids pool w/2 water slides that they NEVER wanted to leave. Also, the camp is great. They LOVED it. It was so funny whenever they would see their camp-mates around the ship, the kids would be saying

"hey, buddy" and high-fiving each other. Wonderful.

And although I went w/my DH, he spent so much time "relaxing" (napping in the cabin) that I felt like a single mom. But it was not a bad thing. Especially, during the day when there are so many activities to do. (Don't miss the art auction - even if you don't buy, it's a LOT of fun to watch.) Maybe because I'm friendly, but any time I struck up a conversation with another guest, they were more than happy to go on chatting with me. That was really nice.

At night, though, there didn't seem to be much "action." The disco had mostly young people clicking together, and everyone else seemed to be in groups. I don't really know. Anyway, by that time, after the last show, you'll probalbly be more than ready for a good book and a good sleep.;)

Hi. We sailed on the Dawn and had a wonderful time. Our 12 year old son attended the camp and loved every moment of it. You will surely agree that we have some nice cruisers on our NCL 8/28 Roll Call with children of all ages.

We will be meeting for a get together with the Dawn staff on 8/29 at 10:30 am. You should give your info to Don so he can add your name to the list of cruise critic members who will be attending. As if there are not enough activities on the Dawn. There is also singles and over 35 parties. There are 13 lounges, bars and discos, etc. on the Dawn. That with camp till 1:oo am for your children, I believe it is a great vacation for a single mom.

Archived