When does CCL release 4th Qtr earnings?

Vitamin_Sea

Well..so far its not as cheap as I would like it to be!

$36.65

That's a lot cheaper now than few years ago. Before all most of the fires and stranded ships and upside down ship. They have had a rough time recently. I'm not sure how much of it they brought down on their own selves.

That's a lot cheaper now than few years ago. Before all most of the fires and stranded ships and upside down ship. They have had a rough time recently. I'm not sure how much of it they brought down on their own selves.

Yea I dont know.

I do know its been down to $31.44 for the 52 week low. High of almost $40.

Im thinking (hoping) It goes down a little. Then I buy!

If you are considering buying shares what are you waiting for. It is either a good buy or not based on future growth, dividend payments and the on board credit that you will be eligible for. The stock price will fluctuate with the market--go now. We own shares and enjoy all of the benefits I have listed above. Having said that there is no promise that the stock will appreciate as we go forward. As for us we enjoy the OBC that our shares afford us.

If you are considering buying shares what are you waiting for. It is either a good buy or not based on future growth, dividend payments and the on board credit that you will be eligible for. The stock price will fluctuate with the market--go now. We own shares and enjoy all of the benefits I have listed above. Having said that there is no promise that the stock will appreciate as we go forward. As for us we enjoy the OBC that our shares afford us.

With questionable 4th Q earnings it would make sense to wait in hopes of buying cheap,.

Don't pull the trigger unless the price per share falls under $23 dollars a share.

$23? :confused:

Hasnt been that low in the last 52 weeks.:eek:

I dont think it will fall to $23 unless more ships break down.

I thought maybe a couple bucks lower then current number ($36.60),

I would buy 100.

what gives you that number? That would be a big drop. If 2 more ships sink or our President gits a 3rd term maybe?:confused:

$23? :confused:

Hasnt been that low in the last 52 weeks.:eek:

I dont think it will fall to $23 unless more ships break down.

I thought maybe a couple bucks lower then current number ($36.60),

I would buy 100.

If you are buying to make a profit, the low twenties represent a high roi because historical indicators point to a considerable amount of growth when the stock price falls within that low twenties range and even lower.

If you are buying just for the shareholder benefits then I suppose you could buy at any price.

If you are buying to make a profit, the low twenties represent a high roi because historical indicators point to a considerable amount of growth when the stock price falls within that low twenties range and even lower.

If you are buying just for the shareholder benefits then I suppose you could buy at any price.

Well, Im buying for the OBC mainly. Im waiting to see what happens Thursday.

The low $20's does not seem possible.

Well, Im buying for the OBC mainly. Im waiting to see what happens Thursday.

The low $20's does not seem possible.

Don't beat yourself up trying to time the market. If you have the discretionary $$ buy now. I bought CCL a few years ago just for the OBC and the "fun" of having ownership in Carnival.

If I sold today I would be out some money but so far I received 400.00 in OBC.

It dropped to $16/share a few years ago after hovering at $23-$25 for months. (2009)

We bought ours in 1987 for about $3/share, and have held it since.

Just remember the OBC for stocks is a "renewable" benefit yearly. It has not been a benefit for that long and it is voted on yearly which means you can buy the stock and the benefit could be withdrawn.

It works the best if you are someone who cruises 6-10 times a year. If you cruise once a year, it is questionable that you would derive a benefit from it, and like I said - the OBC might go away

Voted on benefit - not a right of Carnival stock ownership.

There was also chatter of upping the requirement to 1000 shares, although this has not happened, so for now you are safe on a 100 share purchase.

Edited by 13607

It dropped to $16/share a few years ago after hovering at $23-$25 for months. (2009)

We bought ours in 1987 for about $3/share, and have held it since.

Just remember the OBC for stocks is a "renewable" benefit yearly. It has not been a benefit for that long and it is voted on yearly which means you can buy the stock and the benefit could be withdrawn.

It works the best if you are someone who cruises 6-10 times a year. If you cruise once a year, it is questionable that you would derive a benefit from it, and like I said - the OBC might go away

Voted on benefit - not a right of Carnival stock ownership.

There was also chatter of upping the requirement to 1000 shares, although this has not happened, so for now you are safe on a 100 share purchase.

HHmm 1000 shares I would not do. Not many people would.