Oasis and Geocaching

DnA2010

Hi there,

Fairly new to caching, just wondering if there are any cachers who have done the Oasis western and can recommend caches- I know the one on Labadee, wondering about any close to the cruise port in Cozumel and also around Ft Lauderdale- heard there is one close to the port?

Thanks so much!

I typically research where the ship will dock or tender, get the GPS coordinates and then run a pocket query of 100 caches near those coordinates filtering out puzzle, mystery & multi-caches. Load the query into my Garmin 60CSx and take it on the trip. Usually find 1-5 caches per port depending on excursions I take. Virtual caches are great on cruises if you can find them...

There is one about two blocks off main shopping strip. I found it earlier this year covertly while a group of men were working near by. At least I thought I was sneaky until on asked "Did you find it?" As I walked back to the main drag.

I typically research where the ship will dock or tender, get the GPS coordinates and then run a pocket query of 100 caches near those coordinates filtering out puzzle, mystery & multi-caches. Load the query into my Garmin 60CSx and take it on the trip. Usually find 1-5 caches per port depending on excursions I take. Virtual caches are great on cruises if you can find them...

That's exactly how we do it, except we leave in the multi-caches. Once on a transAtlantic cruise we found a wonderful multi-cache that took us on a walking tour of Funchal, Portugal. It turned out to be one of the highlights of our entire trip.

As for the OP's question about Cozumel, last time we went on a tour to the east side of the island and found several caches. This time we will look for some closer to port. When do you leave? We can report back if we have any luck.

(Duh, just saw on your counter that you leave in January. If we come across any close to port next week we'll check back in.)

Edited by CavePearl

• 2 weeks later...