RCCL Cayman Sting Ray Shore Excursions

Didnt RCCL have a excursion in Grand Cayman for Sting Ray City, Turtle Farm and Hell that lets you go in the water? The only one I can see on their web site now shows Sting Ray City/Island Tour but you are in a semi-submersible, not in the water with the Sting Rays. Did I miss something ?:confused:

Oh, you need to check out all of the private excursions for Stingray City! There are quite a few recommended by these boards and they are all wonderful! They go to more stops (3 vs. 1), have fewer people onboard and are cheaper! We did ours with Captain Bryan's Buccaneer last cruise and had such a great time.

Check out the Ports of Call board under Cayman Islands. If you search there for my name, I have posted a list of websites for many private excursions recommended here on CC.

You will SO love Stingray City!

We did Stingray City with Nativeway - about 10 people on the boat compared to totally packed on the cruise ship excursions at about half the price. The private companies who do the stingray tours are very reliable and well run. You might do a search on the boards or go to the Grand Cayman board to get more info. I was a bit uneasy about going with a non-ship excursion, especially since this was our very first cruise. I took my two teenagers, and we would definitely go with them again.

Whoever you go with, don't miss it. It was an incredible experience!

We did an excursion with Nativeway in February. Only 6 of us in our group. One of our fellow excursion-mates kindly posted a lengthy review. Here is her link.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=134605&highlight=reef

This was, by far, the best excursion we have ever taken. Highly recommended!

Have an awesome time with the stingrays - they are "way cool".:D

Thank you for all the great info. We will certainly check out a private tour. I have never snorkeled so I was hoping to book a Stingray and Island tour. Does anyone know if any of these tour company's offer one ?

We did the ship's tour to Stingray City and it was actually wonderful. I am only 5ft tall and I don't snorkel - but it was easy getting into the water and standing on the sand bar with the Stingrays all around. It was about 1 hour on the boat out to the sand bar and we had about 2 hours there. When we got back to town, we just wandered around - I am not sure if we could have done an afternoon island tour.

Archived