Rough seas?

fionan

the cruise will be spending one day/night from Sydney to Hobart, two sea days/nights from Port Arthur to the Fiords of NZ and one sea day/night from Wellington to Auckland. How bad are the seas likely to be in each of these segments?

thanks, Fiona

You can't pick how it will be.....we are just back from Nz but we did sys to syd..... This was our 11 cruise and the first time we missed a meal in the dining room when leaving from Sydney. .. it was ok as we sailed across...we never got into Napier because of the winds....and going around the bottom of Nz was real rough....woke us up..we thought we wouldnt get into the forjds but we did...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

the cruise will be spending one day/night from Sydney to Hobart, two sea days/nights from Port Arthur to the Fiords of NZ and one sea day/night from Wellington to Auckland. How bad are the seas likely to be in each of these segments?

thanks, Fiona

I really wouldn't be worrying about it too much , on our last trip to NZ we were greeted by some rather large seas at the bottom end of NZ but at no stage was their any reason to be concerned.

If you are prone to sea sickness just take something

But really don't worry and just enjoy it will be fine:)

We have done this several times.

No one can tell you how it will be.

Could be completely calm.

Could be somewhat rough at times.

Or you could have some very rough seas.

Key is to plan and to bring something with you to prevent sea sickness.

I also recommend booking a cabin that is more mid ship if rough seas bother you.

Keith

• 1 month later...

Recently back from a cruise that involved crossing the Tasman Sea and Hobart to Melbourne , Sydney legs. We hit an awful storm crossing the Tasman but we were forewarned so took seasick precautions. Enormous swells were crashing into the ship all night. I've never had this experience before and looked upon it as just another adventure in life. The rest of the journey was smooth. That being said, I agree that no one can give you a weather promise ahead of time. Have fun.