Novice Looking For Help in Cozumel

oturek

We will be in Cozumel on Sat, Sept 3rd for one day (Labor Day weekend)

My wife and I (no kids) want to just sit by a beach and relax. A pool would be a plus, but the biggest thing we need - good beer.

We do not like Corona, but do like Dos Equis and Tecate, so we are looking for a beach that offers those.

PB Tom has already made an offer to turn the ocean into a pool swim up bar by providing us with a bucket of Dos Equis. That's hard to beat. I've heard nothing but good things about Paradise Beach and it's on the top of the list at this point.

I've heard Paradise Island is good, but since we will be on a one-day excursion, traveling for an 1 1/2 hour doesn't sound like fun.

So here are some questions that I hope many of you can answer:

1. Does PB attract too many kids in order for a couple to just sit back and relax (considering it will be Labor Day weekend)

2. Who has the best swim up bar (besides the ultimate ocean swim up offered by PB Tom)? I've ruled out NC since they only offer Corona with their AI package.

3. Best Food?

4. Who offers Dos Equis and/or Tecate with their AI packages?

Thanks to everyone who can help.

Hola amigo,

I don't know where you are traveling from, but PB is only a 15 or 20 minute taxi ride from the closest pier. It is a 1 1/2 hour crawl on the way back to the ship.:D If you want to veg on a nice beach, PB is a good place to do it and PB Tom or his associates will make your trip worthwhile. If you want to snorkel, you might consider Chankanaab or Dzul Ha. I don't know if they serve Dos XX at Dzul Ha, but they do at Chank. I don't know if either has an all inclusive, which, in your case, might be the way to go.:D

All joking aside, you can't go wrong at any place that I have been in Cozumel. Some places are better suited for some people, but you can have fun at anywhere on the island. The locals do their best to make your stay memorable.

P.S. I can have fun at a funeral!

My wife and I (no kids) want to just sit by a beach and relax. A pool would be a plus, but the biggest thing we need - good beer.

We do not like Corona, but do like Dos Equis and Tecate, so we are looking for a beach that offers those.

PB Tom has already made an offer to turn the ocean into a pool swim up bar by providing us with a bucket of Dos Equis. That's hard to beat. I've heard nothing but good things about Paradise Beach and it's on the top of the list at this point.

I've heard Paradise Island is good, but since we will be on a one-day excursion, traveling for an 1 1/2 hour doesn't sound like fun.

Tom's offer does sound good, but the travel time to PB is much less than what you are thinking.

1. Does PB attract too many kids in order for a couple to just sit back and relax (considering it will be Labor Day weekend)
Labor Day is an American holiday, that day isn't anything special in Mexico. PB does attract plenty of family with kids, so perhaps it isn't the best choice for you. Palm beach seems to be more for adults. I haven't been there, but Sally recommends it and I trust her judgement.

2. Who has the best swim up bar (besides the ultimate ocean swim up offered by PB Tom)? I've ruled out NC since they only offer Corona with their AI package.
NC is the only beach club with a swim up bar that I know of. Several of the resorts have them, including the Fiesta Americana, but I don't know how welcome you would be there.

3. Best Food?
What kind of food is best for you? Different places have different kinds of food.

This probably isn't as much help as you would like. I'd try Palm beach for a start. If is isn't to your liking, then I think you could easily walk down the beach to San Francisco beach club and then a little further to PB.

Playa Sol also offers an AI package, but don't know the kind of beer served.

For a nice quiet beach I liked Playa Palancar. They don't do the AI thing, they don't have a pool. What they do have is a very nice sandy beach. good fish tacos, and lots of quiet.

Archived