Picking up pre trip wine and "supplies" in Venice

We are heading out on Grand Princess this Sept from Venice for 12 days. Last time we left from Barcelona and picked up "supplies" for our trip at the Corte Engles Dept Store. By supplies I mean:

Bottled Water for day trips etc -> expensive on Princess

Nice wines for dinner -> fun and "legal to bring aboard"

Diet Pepsi or other unavailable soft drinks like Perier or sodas -> ditto both

Some cracker type snacks for our private cocktail hour -> hate to bug room service for things like this

I have heard there is a market near the Rialto Bridge but I wasn't sure you could get these type of provisions. Is there a supermarket? We are staying in the Accademia/Dosodoro area but are very flexible.

Thanks all,

Ilene

Ilene,

There is a supermarket behind St MArk's square on the way to P Roma...possibly on Mercanto (sp) street, certainly on a street parallel to it.

Its convenience depends on its distance to our hotel and your mode of transport to the ship. You don't want to be schlepping water and wine on the vaporetto.

Next week, we are staying at the Ala pre-cruise and I know there's a small deli around the corner. It has everything you mentioned, I think, not sure about the Pepsi. I'm going to shop around a bit and bring back a little at a time...prices can vary GREATLY in Venice so beware. You can pay 7,50 for a cappucino in San Mark's square or 1,50 euro on the other side of the canal.

Catherine

Is to spend 3 days in Venice prior to embarkation. Then once we are (hopefully) cosy and ensconced in our minisuites go out for "supplies". We have about 24 hours once we embark in Venice. That is we spend our first cruise night in port. Since P. Roma is supposedly fairly nearby the port that might work. Would we need to take a cab for P. Roma to the supermarket? Do you recall the name of it? Thanks

Archived