Liberty Aft Oceanview v Balcony

seashell64

We are currently booked for a May 5 day on the Liberty. I have the Aft Oceanview (2470) which looks to be a larger room (there are two of us). I am considering 9289 balcony; I've read lots of great reviews about a balcony room and we are thinking of giving it a try. My only question is will I feel much more ship movement the higher I go? I'd like to be closer to the action of the pool area vs being on the lower deck, but I also don't want to get quesy (this is our 5th cruise and we've always been on the lower decks and have never had a balcony)

thanks for your input!!

there's a huge difference in how quiet things will be, I'd be more concerned about that than the movement of the ship, which will be a little different. You'll also hear the water break off the bow. That room seems like it could be in a pretty noisy spot compared to the near silence in the hallway of your aft view room.

Personally, I will never book a room without a balcony but I prefer the rooms at the back. I don't smoke and can't stand the smell of smoke and whenever I get a balcony on the side it's all I smell even if the smokers are 2 or 3 cabins away. The other thing I don't like is that half the cruise I get sun and the other half I don't. But it depends how much you plan to sit out there.

2470 is my all time favorite room and I wouldn't give it up for anything less than the Captain's Suite or whatever it's called. Some may think I'm crazy, that's OK.

I just recently replied to another thread or 2 about this. I'm on my phone so I can't get the link, but if you search all posts made by me, you should find it pretty quick. I even put a couple pics in there.

I vote stay in 2470!

We cruised ocean views strictly for a long time UNTIL we splurged (on Liberty!) for a balcony. We loved it! We were in cabin 8292. Nice quiet location, few steps from the stairs or elevators and perfect size room and balcony for the two of us. It was nice to sit on the balcony while husband was showering or napping and I loved watching us pull into port. In a way, it's like you have another room! :)

We are currently booked for a May 5 day on the Liberty. I have the Aft Oceanview (2470) which looks to be a larger room (there are two of us). I am considering 9289 balcony; I've read lots of great reviews about a balcony room and we are thinking of giving it a try. My only question is will I feel much more ship movement the higher I go? I'd like to be closer to the action of the pool area vs being on the lower deck, but I also don't want to get quesy (this is our 5th cruise and we've always been on the lower decks and have never had a balcony)

thanks for your input!!

if you get motion sickness the best thing to do is get a room towards the middle of the deck on lido. we were on liberty last year and was two doors from the front of the ship on lido. for a person who. ever gets sea sick I had to take medicine.

if you get motion sickness the best thing to do is get a room towards the middle of the deck on lido. we were on liberty last year and was two doors from the front of the ship on lido. for a person who. ever gets sea sick I had to take medicine.

Actually, the lower and more midship you are the better. But we didn't have as much rocking in 2470 as we have had in our balcony on the 7th and 9th floors.