Help -- seating

NellieVA

We are sailing on the Divina tomorrow. We booked two cabins as a group more than a year ago, and our TA asked that they be linked together for early seating. The whole purpose of going with family is to enjoy meals together, especially on Christmas.

With the MSC website being so poor you are unable to see your seating anywhere on your reservation. Our TA assured us again several weeks ago that we were set. Tonight in packing we finally noted that we are in fact split between early and late seating. Called the TA, who in turn called MSC. After 20 minutes she was told our tickets were "wrong" and that we are together for late seating. I told her I requested early seating....another 20 minutes on hold only to be told there was "confusion" and that we will have to "sort" it out on board. This is so frustrating. I know it maybe trivial but despite all assurances it is still screwed up and MSCs system seems dated and ill equipped.

Aside from griping I wanted to know if any past MSCers have had luck in changing seating on board.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

We are sailing on the Divina tomorrow. We booked two cabins as a group more than a year ago, and our TA asked that they be linked together for early seating. The whole purpose of going with family is to enjoy meals together, especially on Christmas.

With the MSC website being so poor you are unable to see your seating anywhere on your reservation. Our TA assured us again several weeks ago that we were set. Tonight in packing we finally noted that we are in fact split between early and late seating. Called the TA, who in turn called MSC. After 20 minutes she was told our tickets were "wrong" and that we are together for late seating. I told her I requested early seating....another 20 minutes on hold only to be told there was "confusion" and that we will have to "sort" it out on board. This is so frustrating. I know it maybe trivial but despite all assurances it is still screwed up and MSCs system seems dated and ill equipped.

Aside from griping I wanted to know if any past MSCers have had luck in changing seating on board.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

We were able to change without issue, as soon as you board go see the Maitre D in whichever dining room he is in, specifically to accept or arrange for changes, make sure the whole group is there as he may want to note the changes directly on your cards...

Yes have always managed to get the switch or allocation I want. Then again I'm always on second which is often not as popular as first.

The only potential fly in the ointment can be a massive group booking on a particular sitting which means most non group passengers end up on the other seating.

Nellie VA, were you able to get the entire family together for your dinner seating? Which dining room were you in? We were in the Black Crab for the late seating on the cruise. The food was spectaculr for most meals.

Gerry

Sent from my BNTV600 using Forums mobile app