Grand Princess still in Port

Leo Mcgary

Even with the delays, I thought she would have left hours ago :(

According to a post in the roll call, they began letting passengers in to the terminal over nine hours ago.

http://webmarin.com/

edit: Beautiful shot of the city though.

That is a great shot of the City, there seems to be a communication black-out on the current roll call.

That is a great shot of the City, there seems to be a communication black-out on the current roll call.

Oh, I was talking about the shot of the city you posted from the bridge cam ;)

I hope they've had a chance to look at the changing lights on the Bay Bridge. Our last cruise was late enough that we got to see them.

That whole LED display wasn't supposed to last very long but everyone loved it so much they found a way to fund it longer through private donations. Then they had problems with moisture affecting the LED's so they put little 'wet suits" on them to keep them working :)

Edited by gcvt

I'm just going to take a guess but I wonder if it had anything to do with a couple of their tenders. When we sailed into port on Dec. 10th, I was awakened by three tenders being lowered into the water BEFORE we tied up at the dock. It's obvious if the tenders would need repairing, they would be removed before the shipped tied up otherwise they would not be able to lower them (starboard tenders on a starboard docking.)

I read on another thread that when The Grand was delayed this last sailing that there was a problem with a tender (or two) and that the US Coastguard was in the process of checking them to see if they were working correctly.

Now since all ships are charged for the amount of time they sit at a pier, and the costs for extending that time can get pretty expensive, perhaps the Grand left the pier, steered out and away from the heavy ship traffic directly in the bay and then continued with the tender problem until it was corrected. Just a guess.