kids leave camp carnival room?

canadian85

We've only used camp carnival for about 1/2hour, but thinking of using it this time around (in 7 days!!!).

Do they take groups of kids out of the camp carnival room at certain times? I don't want them taking my kids to the buffet or anywhere else... I don't want them separated either. Do they only do this for meals or with certain ages?

Mine are 5 and 3 and we'l be on the Legend.

For that age no they keep them in the room. Unless you let them do dinner but then you drop them off to the at the Lido and they take them back to the room.

They don't take them anywhere unless they tell you first and it would be in the schedule.

You will also be given a phone for them to contact you on.

Edited by MichelleChell

I've always gotten a phone but I'm sure it depends on how many people are on board.

In that age group if you leave them on board while you go to excursions they will take them to lunch. If you are on the ship you have to sign them out of Camp before lunch.

Thanks, we had the phone last year but they were only there for a bit so never used the phone.

We're taking them with us on port days, might have them play for a bit on the sea days. But I think they'd rather swim with us so probably won't be in there long this year either.

We probably won't take them at meal times so we should be ok.

Thanks again!

Our daughter is crazy excited and already planning her activities in Camp Carnival. We leave in 21 days. This will be her fourth time in camp.

The meals are at your discretion and you can take them to the Lido and meet the group there. The menu selections are listed daily. That corner of the Lido dinning area is sectioned off. No adults(including parents) except for the camp councilors. You will have to fill out a form for possible food allergies also.

They do move the kids around and unless something comes up, they know where the activities will be and will let you know. I got to the orientation early back in August and got a phone for my 5 yo. However I saw someone come in late and got one also. The kids are always accompanied by several adult counselors even if they were in other public areas of the ship.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Thanks, we had the phone last year but they were only there for a bit so never used the phone.

We're taking them with us on port days, might have them play for a bit on the sea days. But I think they'd rather swim with us so probably won't be in there long this year either.

We probably won't take them at meal times so we should be ok.

Thanks again!

Lol...don't be too disappointed if they want to spend more time in Camp then you think. When my daughter turned 3 she was all about Camp...we had to drag her out of there at night for bed!!

Lol...don't be too disappointed if they want to spend more time in Camp then you think. When my daughter turned 3 she was all about Camp...we had to drag her out of there at night for bed!!

Our daughter pesters us from the embarkation line about Camp Carnival. Do you think they're open yet? Can I go soon? What time are they open? Are we on the boat yet? .............

Thank you for this thread. This is something I'd not thought about and also do not want my child leaving Camp.

I'm a little confused by the phone concept. What is this exactly and what is it for?

The camp crew gives you a phone or pager that works anywhere on board the ship in case they need to reach you about your child. We signed one out and kept it the entire cruise. We had to show them the phone each time we dropped our daughter off so that the extension could be written down(confirmed)with our signature for our daughters entry to camp. We returned the phone the last night of the cruise. We also got a charger. BTW the phones are IP and also work just like the room phone and can be used to call other extensions or rooms on board. Think office building.

• 3 weeks later...

Well the kids didn't like the camp. We registered them online before we left, and didn't go to the orientation. We took them on the 2nd day (and got a phone then) for about 2 hours, picking them up they said they had fun but when we left the 5yo said she didn't have fun and didn't want to go back.

The rest of the trip we used camp carnival as a threat "if you don't behave we're sending you to camp carnival".

Well the kids didn't like the camp. We registered them online before we left, and didn't go to the orientation. We took them on the 2nd day (and got a phone then) for about 2 hours, picking them up they said they had fun but when we left the 5yo said she didn't have fun and didn't want to go back.

The rest of the trip we used camp carnival as a threat "if you don't behave we're sending you to camp carnival".

It's really important for the kids to go to orientation. For my son's first cruise, he went the first night and couldn't wait to go back. For his second cruise, he wanted to eat dinner with the family and missed the first night. He tried going on the 3rd day but by then kids already made friends and he felt like the odd one out. He left within a half an hour(he's older).

I agree it is important that they attend the orientation. That's the advice I got on this board last year when I was asking questions about camp carnival. My son is very introverted, and we were worried he wouldn't like camp or click with any of the kids. By the first morning of the trip, he started begging to go back. He protested about getting off the ship during one port day stating that "he needed to spend time with his friends too!" I almost fell off my chair!:) My 5-year old daughter made friends right away and loved camp as well. We always ate breakfast and lunch together, but they only ate dinner with us once.