help with gifts

golfer1903

Hi, my parents will be on a cruise on the freedom in june and I wanted to get them a gift card to use onboard for drinks or excursions, or excursions booked before they go can a gift card be used for those things?

Or is there a way to just put money into there on board sail card now?

gift card or ecard other then the way you get a paper or a plastic card is there any difference in where you may use them?

Please any and all help. thanks

Hi, my parents will be on a cruise on the freedom in june and I wanted to get them a gift card to use onboard for drinks or excursions, or excursions booked before they go can a gift card be used for those things?

Or is there a way to just put money into there on board sail card now?

gift card or ecard other then the way you get a paper or a plastic card is there any difference in where you may use them?

Please any and all help. thanks

My brother bought us a Carnival gift card. we had a paper "gift card" that we brought to the pursers deck to be put on our account. I believe we also could have mailed it in or givien some kind of code to have it apply to the crusie itself. Nice present to get!

I think the gift cards or e-cards are better then cruise cash because should they for whatever reason cancel or postpone the cruise cruise cash is gone but the gift card can be applied anytime. At least this is my understanding.

Edited by larronry
typo

I purchased the ecards for my DD BF and my nephew for Christmas for our cruise in a few weeks. I like the idea that I got it right away in my email and printed it out for them so I can have something to put in a card. They have to mail the plastic card and I didn't want to take the chance of it getting lost in the mail and not having it for the holiday.

I decided the gift card was the best way since if its not all used, it can be reapplied to another gift card to use again. The cruise cash is non refundable. Not sure how much you plan on giving them as a gift but its definately something to take into consideration.

I miss not being able to call and put an OBC on S&S accounts. I've done it each time I've sailed. Makes it alot easier and since I use a cash account, its less cash to bring with me.