trouble downloading iconcierge?

LizG12

Is it possible to download iconcierge to an android tablet? I can find the app in the google appstore, but it won't download

how much does iconcierge really help with? If I don't have it, will I end up losing out on things because NCL assumes everyone is using iconcierge?

I can't help with the Android part as I use Apple devices but you won't miss out on anything.

All the info and options available on iConcierge are available from the printed Freestyle Daily, your cabin tv and reservation desks. The app just makes somethings a bit easier when you are not in your cabin.

Edited by Demonyte

Thanks for the info! I'm still very new to the Android tablet, so knowing it's not me is good :) I wasn't sure if the iconcierge was used so much that the paper dailies etc were replaced because *everyone* (or at least, a large majority) had it online - or there were iconcierge-only specials to encourage people to use it.

I did manage to download the deckplans to the android... I think I prefer the paper version I've gotten on other ships. If nothing else, the paper version is smaller and fits in my pocket. Carrying around a table just to have a deckplan handy? Not likely to happen.

Thanks for the info! I'm still very new to the Android tablet, so knowing it's not me is good :) I wasn't sure if the iconcierge was used so much that the paper dailies etc were replaced because *everyone* (or at least, a large majority) had it online - or there were iconcierge-only specials to encourage people to use it.

I did manage to download the deckplans to the android... I think I prefer the paper version I've gotten on other ships. If nothing else, the paper version is smaller and fits in my pocket. Carrying around a table just to have a deckplan handy? Not likely to happen.

It downloaded but would not work on my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone. The internet guy said the app was not good with many android devices. Unless you were going to use it to keep in touch with others in your party (for a fee) it really did not offer anything old fashioned paper did not cover, and with less to carry!

I was able to download the app to my android samsung phone and was able to link to the ship's network ( Epic Dec. 7 ) once onboard and successfully sent one message to another passenger. After the first night, I continually got a message essentially saying it was down. After a few days I checked with guest services who said they were "troubleshooting". I asked for and was granted a refund of my sign up cost. Not sure if it was just me, or if everyone had a problem.

Don't think I would use it for anything other than keeping in touch with family and friends on the ship.

• 11 months later...
Is it possible to download iconcierge to an android tablet? I can find the app in the google appstore, but it won't download

how much does iconcierge really help with? If I don't have it, will I end up losing out on things because NCL assumes everyone is using iconcierge?

A year later and I too can't load the app on my android tablet though loaded fine on my android phone?:confused: Any update about the tablet issue would be appreciated!:) Thanks!;) Edited by *Luv2Cruz*

A year later and I too can't load the app on my android tablet though loaded fine on my android phone?:confused: Any update about the tablet issue would be appreciated!:) Thanks!;)

Android ecosystem is a bit different in that the app compatibility is not guaranteed like on Apple ecosystem because with Android, there are a lot of different manufacturers and their own customizations to the devices.

That is why some apps might never be available on all - for example on older - devices. Very few app providers can test their apps on all possible Android devices and therefore do not list their apps as compatible.

I had trouble downloading it to my tablet, as well. I googled the problem and was able to get it through the internet. Google "iconcierge apk."

Good luck!

Just a word of warning, that is the easiest way of getting viruses and/or malware to your devices - in non-official Android app stores (not to mention installation packages found from random sites) one third of the programs can be repackaged to include malware - so even though the app says it's iConcierge, it can also include a whole lot of other things that you do not want to install on your device.

http://www.dailytech.com/Android+has+97+Percent+of+Mobile+Malware+But+Nearly+None+in+the+US/article34595.htm

Just a word of warning, that is the easiest way of getting viruses and/or malware to your devices - in non-official Android app stores (not to mention installation packages found from random sites) one third of the programs can be repackaged to include malware - so even though the app says it's iConcierge, it can also include a whole lot of other things that you do not want to install on your device.

http://www.dailytech.com/Android+has+97+Percent+of+Mobile+Malware+But+Nearly+None+in+the+US/article34595.htm

Wow, I didn't know that! You've been a wealth of information for me, thank you!

Wow, I didn't know that! You've been a wealth of information for me, thank you!

This info is 100% accurate. I did post a link to a "clean" apk for another member several months ago. If interested, let me know.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk