Grandeur 07/03/05 50% off Certificates Arrived Today

My wife and I were on the Grandeur out of Baltimore to Bermuda (07/03/05). It had the engine trouble so we didn't get much time in Bermuda, but we were given 50% off that cruise and got 50% off the next one as well. Already got the credit to our credit card for the Grandeur trip and received our 50% off certificates for our next cruise in the mail today.

We are really looking forward to RCCL getting to make it up to us.

One question we have is that the certificate says to give it to your travel agent (TA) and that they can redeem at http://www.cruisingpower.com or by mailing it it to Royal Caribbean. We don't have a TA and booked the cruise onboard the Grandeur, so do we just mail the certificates in directly to Royal Caribbean at the address listed?

On another topic, RCCL almost gave us a heart attack yesterday. We had met with the Loyalty Ambassador/Future Cruise Sales person onboard Grandeur (had an appointment and everything) and booked our next cruise. We gave her our RCCL credit card and she entered all of the data and gave us back a printed booking confirmation form with our Booking Id, Final Payment Due Date, Deposit Amount, Onboard Credit, etc.. Since getting home we have gone online and filled out all of the required documentation and spent a bit of time already looking at Excursion trips. Then, yesterday we came home and had a message on our phone that our booking had expired because the deposit had not been paid and that we should call RCCL. We called and the first person we spoke to said that our credit card had not been charged for the deposit, we would have to re-book the cruise, that the suite level that we had booked was no longer available, and that we would not get back the on-board booking credit. I got a little irrate since I have a receipt in hand showing that my booking was confirmed so they passed me to a Crown and Anchor representative who then gave me a number for a Customer Service liason. This person (thanks Augustine) was much more cool, calm, and relaxing and reinstated our reservation, apologized for the error in that our credit card had not been charged for the deposit (I confirmed that was true), and took care of everything. Wow, did that give us a scare though.

It was obvious on the ship that the future cruise sales person was way too busy with all of the people interested in booking their 50% off cruises, but not charging the deposit is quite a mistake. I guess next time, we'll have to double check with RCCL when we get back home.

Best of luck to you all on your 50% off cruise.

Archived