Pride Of America Deck 13 - Balcony Privacy

MissTori

I have read many blogs re: the remodeled suites on deck 13. I am not finding anything about the balconies. Specifically, the suites on the port/starboard sides. Not the suites overlooking the pool

The deck plans I found reflects a large 'white area' around the entire deck. What is this? Various photos also appear to have stairs leading from the bar on deck 12 up to deck 13. Does this mean people can walk directly in front of the balconies?

We are currently booked in 13518, but that 'white area' has me concerned. :cool:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

The port and starboard cabins are fine. The balconies are partially covered with a white tarp offering shade. If you stand out by the railing you can be seen from the public open deck above but I did not consider this an issue. The balconies are nicely furnished with a table and 4 chairs and two lounges (non matching in our case).

ImageUploadedByForums1387991397.939967.jpg.9794f3004841caa8a463ee7bb0696bac.jpg

View looking back from balcony railing onto open public deck above.

Note this was taken during Da'Nali coast sail by. Normally there was no one on the deck above.

These cabins are much better IMO than the aft facing cabins overlooking the pool.

ImageUploadedByForums1387991600.054301.jpg.af27744594fa3f821f3f9ec80b8527bd.jpg

The side stair cases lead to an access door to the deck 13 cabins. As you walk up the stairs you pass by the side of the end cabins, not in front of them.

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to give a quick update on cabin 13518 now that we are back from our cruise. Loved the cabin! Great location, was very nicely appointed, deck was amazing!!! There were four of us in the cabin so my girls each had a bed using the couch and Murphy bed. They opened up the Murphy bed and kept it down all week, it was on the left walking in so the table was moved under the tv to the right of the sliders. The couch was opened at night and closed back up in the morning so we could use it during the day. The bed was quite large more like a queen than a double but the Murphy bed was just a tad bit bigger than a twin and only would fit 1 person. Even though my daughter is 19 I cannot picture 2 toddlers even fitting in that bed so I don't see how the room can sleep 6 unless they are figuring 3 kids in the king.

Anyway the bathroom was very nice, had a jetted tub that my youngest tried out with the provided sea salt and loved. There was a closet with the safe and life jackets just outside the bathroom with a sliding door for the changing area. I used that light with the frosted door closed as our night light when we were moving overnight and the light around the mirror in the bathroom when I could keep the bathroom door open when we stayed docked at night.

The balcony was awesome, even though the railing came up high you could still see great. The covering was a bit more than halfway out but when it rained you could only stay close to the door and wall to stay dry. The only thing I didn't like was that the partition on the left did not go all the to the railing on top it came down on an angle so we did have some peepers that were on the other public side that looked in to see what was behind the wall. I think they should have blocked or roped off a spot a few feet from the partition to keep that from happening. But there were not to many times people were looking down above us unless we were pulling into port or leaving.

Now I do want to mention something about those pool facing suites, it is pretty cool not to have to leave your balcony to see the party going in below when you are sailing away or a band is playing. You have your own seats so no chair hogs to worry about!

GMAZZ, thank you for coming back and reporting on 13518. We are getting so excited for our turn in May. Funny thing.....I haven't even thought about the bathroom. You mentioned a jetted-tub. Very nice! You have given me a new research project. LOL

Glad to hear you enjoyed the room, and cruise. Thank you again for the update! :D