Activity Recommendation?

BazAl

Heya,

So my mother and I are going on a South Caribbean Cruise. We will arrive in St. John's Antigua on May 27 (Tuesday) between 7AM and 6 PM. I don't know much about the Island but I know for sure we want to check out Stingray City (3 hour activity scheduled at 08:15 AM , 10:15 AM , 12:15 PM). We were hoping to do another activity around or after our Stingray adventure. Any recommendations?

The entire beach scene - lying on the beach and looking pretty isn't our thing (sorry if this sounds bad... more into hands on activities).

Any recommendations/suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Heya,

So my mother and I are going on a South Caribbean Cruise. We will arrive in St. John's Antigua on May 27 (Tuesday) between 7AM and 6 PM. I don't know much about the Island but I know for sure we want to check out Stingray City (3 hour activity scheduled at 08:15 AM , 10:15 AM , 12:15 PM). We were hoping to do another activity around or after our Stingray adventure. Any recommendations?

The entire beach scene - lying on the beach and looking pretty isn't our thing (sorry if this sounds bad... more into hands on activities).

Any recommendations/suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

If you don't mind walking a bit, there is a market near the port. It is set up more for the locals rather than tourists so it is pretty fun. There is a also a fish market, fun to see the colorful fish being processed for the local market. You do need to go in the morning to see the fish part. Go off the pier straight about 4 blocks, then turn right and walk about 8 minutes. The market is a really big green building, some of it is outside and the fish market is behind the bus station across the street from the market.

short video I put on of the fish market

Edited by seashinesunshine

Adventure Antigua has a circumnavigation excursion that's a lot of fun. It includes a visit at Stingray City when no one else is there, snorkeling at the Pillars of Hercules, a visit to English Harbor, a brief beach stop, a yummy lunch, and a great crew. The website to check it out is http://www.adventureantigua.com.