Caribbean Princess - Again!

SeaTrailer

Well, we had such a good time on our March cruise that we have booked the Caribbean Princess again for January 14th. This time we are on the Aloha deck, aft (cabin A743). Previously we were on the Riviera deck (R505). We have gone from a category BB to BD but I cannot see any difference in the size of the cabin. Anyone know if they are the same?

One other curious thing when we booked, we had our choice of a BC cabin very forward or this cabin aft yet the cabin price was the same. Why have two different categories with the same price?

One final question I have been wanting to ask for some time, why do many people on this board refer to the Caribbean Princess as CB? Very confusing.

I've started a roll call thread, so far no responses.

Cheers!

The staterooms will be the exact same size, only difference in them being the location on the ship.

Often times different category cabins will run the same price, only time this changes is if one of the categories is almost booked to capacity, then the price will rise.

The Coral Princess was sailing before the Caribbean Princess therefore she is designated as the CP. There had to be a way to tell them apart.

Have another great cruise.

Well, we had such a good time on our March cruise that we have booked the Caribbean Princess again for January 14th. This time we are on the Aloha deck, aft (cabin A743). Previously we were on the Riviera deck (R505). We have gone from a category BB to BD but I cannot see any difference in the size of the cabin. Anyone know if they are the same?

One other curious thing when we booked, we had our choice of a BC cabin very forward or this cabin aft yet the cabin price was the same. Why have two different categories with the same price?

One final question I have been wanting to ask for some time, why do many people on this board refer to the Caribbean Princess as CB? Very confusing.

I've started a roll call thread, so far no responses.

Cheers!

SeaTrailer,

DH and I were on the CB in January and knew as soon as we disembarked that we would have to sail on this fabulous ship again. We are booked for January 28, 2006. I started a roll-call in April and have a few people signed on; I guess it's still early, even though I'm already counting the days.

We were in Lido 306 which was an upgrade from a Baja balcony that we actually prefer. Next January, we will be in Baja 710 and have declined any upgrades. This is a good location - near the aft stairs for easy access to Palm Dining Room, shopping, lounges, etc. as well as Lido and Sun decks.

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the Caribbean Princess enough to want to go back. Good luck with your roll-call.

Bon Voyage to both of us!

Chris

cruzinchris, i'm on the caribbean princess on baja deck b739 and 743. have you ever stayed in these cabins or know anything about them? they seem to be on a rear corner? is this the aft location you refer to?

cruzinchris, i'm on the caribbean princess on baja deck b739 and 743. have you ever stayed in these cabins or know anything about them? they seem to be on a rear corner? is this the aft location you refer to?

Mick,

Your staterooms are further aft and starboard. B710 is port, more towards midship, but still aft - same category as yours. DH and I don't like being all the way fore or aft as we seem to notice more motion in these locations.

Our least favorite stateroom was all the way aft on the XHorizon - no balcony but with a large "picture" window. We could always feel/hear the vibration. On Princess ships, these staterooms are coveted because of the larger balconies.

Here's the Princess link for Baja deck for a comparison of our locations: http://www.princess.com/ships/cb/deck/cb_baja_index.html .

When do you sail? Bon Voyage!

Chris

B739 adn B743 are the same cabins as all the others in that sections. Last year we were in cabin B703 and loved the location. It is right next to the stairs so no matter where you were going on the ship the stairs were right there. The deck level is perfect as well. You mainly walk up or down 3 decks to get where you want to go.

We are pricing out a Western cruise June 2006 for our family of 4. I've gotten a price for a balcony room for hubby and I and an interior room directly across the hall for our kids (they will be 14 & 16 at the time). I am looking at rooms on the Caribe deck, C509 & C511. Does anyone have experience with these rooms? Also, this will be the first time we have put the kids in a seperate room. I'm a bit hesitant about it, but they feel fine about it and it will give us another bathroom. How have others who have put their kids across the hall felt with this??Thanks so much!!

Personally, since you are cruising in June, I would move up one deck and save a few dollars to spend elsewhere. The cabins on Baja deck are the same size as on Caribe Deck. The difference you will see is that the balcony on Baja is smaller than on Caribe. Then again, how much time are you going to plan to spend on that balcony with the kids.

If you can, push your cruise back to September and have the kids miss a week of school. That is when we cruise and we love it. The weather is warm and the prices are much lower than prime season.

If you have already cruised with Princess before, I received a flyer last week in the mail with rediculously low summer cruise rates on some cruises. The rates were what you would expect to pay in September but the cruises were in July and August. Its a risk to wait till the last minute but you could end up saving over $500pp.

jobro2, last year our boys were across the hall and down a few doors from us and it worked out fine. they were 15 and 12 at the time. we are going on the cb on aug 20th and they will be in the cabin next to us. i think it's well worth a a little extra money to have the extra space and extra bathroom.

Archived