Our very 1st Cruise and Vacation - Miami/Conquest/Orlando with pics

Orpheo

Hi everyone,

First of all we wish you a belated Merry Christmas and hope all the best for 2014 :)

This is mine and my boyfriends very first trip overseas and cruise. I love reading all the reviews here on Cruise Critic, so I'll try my very best to do this review. Hope you all will enjoy reading as I will enjoy posting ;)

Okey, here I go.

Who are we ofcourse? :) Well, my name is Marrie and my BF's name is Tino. We are from Suriname, a country in South-America. If you know where Brazil, Guyana and French-Guyana is...yes you've found us! :D

Most people don't know where Suriname is, not a popular country I guess. I am 33 and Tino is 32. We both have a very exciting job, as we both work in Hospitals (different).

This trip was an amazing get-away for us as we enjoyed every day of it. The planning and waiting for the day to come, was very amazing!

Here is a pic of us taken in our country ofcourse....

Picture099_zps432fd82c.jpg

This is a nice one.

We never thought of taking a cruise...

My sister already went cruising two times, and yes it seemed exciting, but we never thought of taking one too. One day in July 2012 I was just 'googling' on the internet and I really, really don't know what I did and there it was : a review of someone who just went on a carnival cruise.

I hope she doesn't mind that I post which review it was...:o.

It was of Gemynii, Kim, her first cruise review of Paradise. It was such a nice review and I just loved all the pictures. There I fell in love with reading reviews.

I immediately told Tino about this and told him 'wouldn't it be amazing if we also took a cruise?'

He was like 'okeyyy'. So, there it began.....the planning. And believe me we went further than what we actually wanted to do...:D

In august last year I heard that my late brother would also go on a cruise with his wife and 2 daughters. I was like, oh my God!! That was so nice. He had enjoyed a lot on the Dream (Sunshine now right).

So, that was a little bit of how we came to the idea to take a cruise.

Hope I didn't bored anyone...

Happy Holidays Marrie and Tino!!! You will absolutely NOT BORE anybody!!!! I especially LOVE first time cruisers!!! Looking so forward to hearing how much you enjoyed your cruise!!! Are you hooked:)[/b]

You sure make a gorgeous couple!!!

Edited by GRANNYOFSIX

We booked the 7-day Western Caribbean Cruise with Carnival on the Conquest. That was from 1-8 Dec. We came to Miami on the 27th Nov.

From 8 till 14 Dec we went to Orlando and went to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure.

So review lovers, sit back and enjoy! I have a lot to write and post pictures. :D

From Suriname

On the 26th we were already packed and actually ready to go! Our flight was on the 27th. Our flight was with our own airline, Surinam Airways. We had a flight time of 08.00 a.m. (Suriname time, that is like 06.00 a.m. Miami time).

Our taxi came around 05.00 a.m. and drove us to our Airport

DSCF0009_zpse847f2a8.jpg

Here is Tino standing in the line for baggage drop off

DSCF0001_zps90277975.jpg

It was early and there weren't too many many people around

DSCF0003_zpsf95d3188.jpg

At around 07.30 we got an announcement that our flight would be delayed :(

No worry, the delay wasn't that to long...about an hour so.

At around 09.00 - 09.15 we were on the plane and ready to go. We would make a stop at Aruba for an hour or so and than head to Miami

Tino and me right before take off

DSCF0012_zps8b30b0e1.jpg

To be continued...

Happy Holidays Marrie and Tino!!! You will absolutely NOT BORE anybody!!!! I especially LOVE first time cruisers!!! Looking so forward to hearing how much you enjoyed your cruise!!! Are you hooked:)[/b]

You sure make a gorgeous couple!!!

Thank you so very much Grannyofsix! :D

I apologize if I make any grammer mistakes, so please do forgive me...:o. I'll try my very best to do this review ofcourse..

Some pictures taken from the window

DSCF0030_zpsb1e48636.jpg

DSCF0028_zps1c024d75.jpg

At around 11.30 we arrived in Aruba. We would be staying at their airport for about 1-2 hours.

Didn't take any pictures of Aruba. At that time I was getting hungry :o

Thank God it was time to get on the plane again. We got our warm meal and it was very nice

DSCF0044_zps8015d0e6.jpg

Next: Miami

Some pictures of my first glance of MIAMI

DSCF0048_zpse4863518.jpg

DSCF0046_zps1a6ba65e.jpg

We arrived at MIA almost 3.30 p.m (Miami time)

There was something wrong with the first jet bridge or jetway, I don't really know how they call these things, and we almost waited 20 minutes inside the plane. The captain's crew told us something about the terminal gate that was stuck and couldn't be opened.

After 20 minutes or so the Captain had to move the plane to another portal.

Thank God everything went okey.

DSCF0052_zpsbb6ef7ef.jpg

At MIA everything went smooth and in almost 20-30 minutes we got our luggage.

We booked the Element Airport Hotel. I did some research on hotels and we were on a budget so we chose for the Element Miami Airport. Later, more on the hotel

DSCF0053_zpsd3830cf2.jpg

Outside

DSCF0056_zps5379f7f3.jpg

DSCF0055_zps8355dbb3.jpg

Sorry all, but I will have to end this review for now. Today is a national Holiday in our country, so I'm going out a little bit. I will continue this review later on. Hope you are enjoying this as much as I'm enjoying posting.

Next: Element Hotel

Edited by Orpheo

Loving your review so far. Welcome to the world of cruising. You'll be an addict in no time. I've heard of Suriname, since being from an Island myself, we have to learn all the Islands name and location while in school. Looking forward to your review since this is also your first trip outside your country.

I live 20 mins from universal studios.

Hi everyone,

First of all we wish you a belated Merry Christmas and hope all the best for 2014 :)

This is mine and my boyfriends very first trip overseas and cruise. I love reading all the reviews here on Cruise Critic, so I'll try my very best to do this review. Hope you all will enjoy reading as I will enjoy posting ;)

Okey, here I go.

Who are we ofcourse? :) Well, my name is Marrie and my BF's name is Tino. We are from Suriname, a country in South-America. If you know where Brazil, Guyana and French-Guyana is...yes you've found us! :D

Most people don't know where Suriname is, not a popular country I guess. I am 33 and Tino is 32. We both have a very exciting job, as we both work in Hospitals (different).

This trip was an amazing get-away for us as we enjoyed every day of it. The planning and waiting for the day to come, was very amazing!

Here is a pic of us taken in our country ofcourse....

Picture099_zps432fd82c.jpg

Great for you two !! Wife and i got hooked in 2007, first cruise was conquest. We love that ship !! My son and GF took their first cruise in 2008 and son got married last year on Magic and i just celebrated 49th birthday on magic(12/8-12/15). Next year...celebrating my 50th on a cruise ship. You and boyfriend invited.:D

Thank you so much for your review, I'm loving it so far :) I'll be doing the Western cruise on the Conquest in May and I can't wait!

Thank you so very much. You will enjoy a lot!

Aw, thanks! We actually booked the Element Miami Hotel, too. I'm looking forward to your impressions of it.

Keep on reading. We loved the Element a lot!