New incentive... On board bar credit

rjrice1

I'm tempted to call in & get the rate too but it's $40 more than what I'm paying now. So technically I'll be paying $40 for $80 of OBC. But if rates will drop again, I may potentially lose OBC if I change rates again.

Just FYI, I called about this earlier and was or eligible because I'm not booked Early Saver, but iwas told the promotion ends 12/31/13..... Not too long to wait!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I see this new offer in my offers on Carnival's website today. It's called Past Guest Rate Plus Bar Credit. There are 2 of them showing. One shows $60 bar credit for 2-5 day cruises and the other shows $80 bar credit for 6+ day sailings. The way it reads, the offer is applied per person, so a $60 bar credit would be applied as $30 per person for 2 people booked in one cabin. It is for sailings through December 31, 2014 and must be booked by December 31, 2013. The sailing I have been eyeing shows the same price that I saw yesterday, so it doesn't appear that they jacked the cruise fare up.

We were booked on the Miracle March 8, 2014 two cabins for DH and myself and three grandchildren, the french door cabins. With this sale we were able to upgrade to an obstructed balcony for $200 with $160 bar credit. So we upgraded to a balcony for $20 per cabin!! Can't beat that!!

Would love that, but we are already booked and paid for for our March 8th Miracle cruise. Oh well.

We are booked on the 8 day Freedom in March 2014 and paid in full so I called Carnival and they gave me the $80 credit. You need to call them by 12/31/13.

Do you have to book ES in order to get the credit? I booked the Holiday sale, so wondering if it would work for us?

shouldn't cause I first booked es then the holiday sale came out (price drop between that too). Now doing this one. We saved $$$ over $200.00 per cabin (two of them) now this one...

Cathy

Do you have to book ES in order to get the credit? I booked the Holiday sale, so wondering if it would work for us?

You do not have to book ES. The sale is for past guest so if you have sailed Carnival before you should get it as long as your price was not lower then it is now. Do a mock booking and check it out.

Just called for the credit for our 1/26/2014 Valor Cruise and unfortunately our 8E category is sold out and the only way we could get the credit is if we lower the cat. No-Go, not giving up the Lido Balcony 9294. Oh well, gave it a try anyway and still have the OBC from price reductions accumulated in the past year. Can't wait, 1 more month from today.:D

Our cruise is in April '14, paid in full last month. I called today and they credited our account the $80...worth the call :)

We are booked for January 19th, but our cabin (aft wrap) are sold out so we can't get the credit:(

Okay, so I'm a little confused. Can you get this bar credit if you have already booked and paid in full? I cruise in 17 days. I don't want to change my room or anything. I have one of those two window ocean view rooms that I'm excited about. So should I call Carnival about the bar credit or will it effect my room?

I called and the first person I spoke to said it wasn't available for cove balconies. Looked again and it said it was so I called back. After 20 minutes on hold, I got the $80 bar credit for our April cruise on the Dream.

Sometimes, you have to fight for your right to party.

Okay, so I'm a little confused. Can you get this bar credit if you have already booked and paid in full? I cruise in 17 days. I don't want to change my room or anything. I have one of those two window ocean view rooms that I'm excited about. So should I call Carnival about the bar credit or will it effect my room?

If there are not any more rooms in your category, you will not be able to get it. Do a mock booking and see.

Call them. As long as your cabin category is not sold out ,you have a chance of getting it. Have your booking # ready when you call. Good luck and have a drink for me:)

If there are not any more rooms in your category, you will not be able to get it. Do a mock booking and see.

I did a mock booking and it looks like there is another room left in my 6B category in the aft on Main Deck. So does this mean if I call I will get the bar credit? I won't have to change my room, will I?

We just got it for our Liberty 3-29-14 cruise. Had to call Carnival as the form would not accept the rate - bar credit number. Took about 20 minutes and had to call a supervisor since the carnival guy was confused about our already $100 OBC for booking onboard our last cruise, but GOT HER DONE, :D

I did a mock booking and it looks like there is another room left in my 6B category in the aft on Main Deck. So does this mean if I call I will get the bar credit? I won't have to change my room, will I?

I got it and I didn't change rooms.