Best cabin for family

Friends of mine are asking for information on cabins for family cruise over Thanksgiving week. I took our 16 year old on Explorer a couple of years ago and she had a fantastic time. I said that the Voyager class ships are the best for a family, lots to do and terrific ships. They have a 14 year old girl, a 15 year old boy and a 17 year old girl. They wondered if there was a cabin that all 5 of them could stay in. I can see a junior suite, but it does not really say how many can sleep in there. It says queen bed and sofa bed, does anyone know if the sofa can sleep two? And then can you get a rollaway for one more? I know that many get separate rooms for the youngsters, but I think they would be more comfortable knowing when the kids come in and that they are not running around the ship all night.

Wish I was planning a cruise!

Julie

Guest OBAYbee
Friends of mine are asking for information on cabins for family cruise over Thanksgiving week. I took our 16 year old on Explorer a couple of years ago and she had a fantastic time. I said that the Voyager class ships are the best for a family, lots to do and terrific ships. They have a 14 year old girl, a 15 year old boy and a 17 year old girl. They wondered if there was a cabin that all 5 of them could stay in. I can see a junior suite, but it does not really say how many can sleep in there. It says queen bed and sofa bed, does anyone know if the sofa can sleep two? And then can you get a rollaway for one more? I know that many get separate rooms for the youngsters, but I think they would be more comfortable knowing when the kids come in and that they are not running around the ship all night.

Wish I was planning a cruise!

Julie

RFS sleep up to 8 and have 2 separate bedrooms.

We always book 2 connecting cabins for us and our teens. I have never seen what a suite looks like, but I like the 2 cabins so we have 2 full baths, 2 closets, extra mirrors, and door we can close if we need/want some privacy!

We had the Royal family suite on the Navigator last year.

We have also fit our family of 5 in a Grand Suite. What they did there was bring in a rollaway. A junior suite WILL NOT hold 5.

Hope this helps.

Just make sure that any cabin they choose (such as a GS) is allowed to have 5 pax. Each individual cabin has a maximum allowed that, except for Family Oceanview and Royal Family Suite, is unrelated to category. One GS may be listed as for 2 and another for 4. These numbers are not negotiable and are set by RCI and the Coast Guard. (It all has to do with maximum number of pax onboard, and everyone counts as 1, from an infant to a 100-year old.)

Just thought I should make sure you are aware of this. You can look on the deck plans for little symbols. Also, I don't think you can book 5 in a cabin online. That has to be done with a TA or on the phone with RCI.

beachchick

Archived