Cruise and Stay - Majorca Hotel Recommendations please

We stayed at the Grupotel Camp de Mar, nice small beach with a lovely little restaurant reached by crossing over a footbridge from the beach (you can feed the fish on your way). Might be a bit quiet for some although we spent some lovely nights walking along the candlelit boardwalk to the little bars. Not keen on Palma Nova, too noisy and full of hen and stags for us.

Not much to do in the evenings, it is a really chill out location although the neighbouring resort of Paguera ( I think that is the spelling) is just a taxi ride away. We did the stay part of our holiday first and wanted to just relax and work on our tans before the cruise part started. We like to burn the candle at both ends when we are onboard so enjoyed the peace of the first week. The food and the entertainment at the hotel was lovely and there was a really nice little moroccan themed bar next to the hotel with comfy sofas next to the beach which served great g + ts in big fishbowl glasses (that was me sorted). The restaurant on the little island was our favourite place, we would stroll out in the afternoon and order bread and ali oli and watch the fish. One day a gorgeous big cruiser appeared and Ant (of Ant and Dec) came ashore on a small boat for lunch. I said hello to him thinking I knew his face from home then realised I knew him off the telly! There were a few nice shops too. Hope this helps.

We stayed at the Grupotel Camp de Mar, nice small beach with a lovely little restaurant reached by crossing over a footbridge from the beach (you can feed the fish on your way). Might be a bit quiet for some although we spent some lovely nights walking along the candlelit boardwalk to the little bars. Not keen on Palma Nova, too noisy and full of hen and stags for us.

Mmm,been going to Palma Nova for many years and cant say I`ve seen too many stag and hen parties apart from those passing through on there way to Magaluf

Not much to do in the evenings, it is a really chill out location although the neighbouring resort of Paguera ( I think that is the spelling) is just a taxi ride away.

Although a nice resort Paguera is very much geared towards the German market

Mmm,been going to Palma Nova for many years and cant say I`ve seen too many stag and hen parties apart from those passing through on there way to Magaluf

Although a nice resort Paguera is very much geared towards the German market

Agree on both points. We regularly stay at Palma Nova and have seen very few stag or hen parties in the resort and have not had any staying at our hotels - apart from one wonderful group of seniors celebrating the forthcoming wedding of a couple in their 70s who were a joy to be with. Magalluf is the stag and hen capital of the island with Santa Ponsa quickly catching up.

Paguera is definitely geared to the German market with some restaurants - illegally - only showing menus in German. Having said that, German visitors expect good quality food at a reasonable price so there are some good value meals to be found there.

Edited by campolady

Paguera was a German resort in 1973! Magaluf was quite an upmarket resort then with the Hotels Barbados and Antillas. We stayed in the Hotel Guadaloupe 2 days after it had been opened. There were only a few hotels at Santa Ponsa which had a fabulous beach. Bet we will find some big changes when we stay in the Son Matias this September. :)

Paguera was a German resort in 1973! Magaluf was quite an upmarket resort then with the Hotels Barbados and Antillas. We stayed in the Hotel Guadaloupe 2 days after it had been opened. There were only a few hotels at Santa Ponsa which had a fabulous beach. Bet we will find some big changes when we stay in the Son Matias this September. :)

We stayed in the Guadaloupe in the mid 80's. It was a lovely hotel then and we really liked the resort. It is somewhat different now :)

Me and MJTS honeymooned in Paguera in the early eighties and it was certainly German oriented then but still a fair number of brits there.Stayed in Santa Ponsa a few years back and popped along to Paguera for a wee visit and we were about the only Brits there