Mystic Mountain Tranaopy Tour

cruisecraze96

This was my first cruise and I just did not feel like going to Dunns Falls, originally when I booked I was going solo since MIL/FIL wanted to shop but about 3 days before cruise my mom decided to join me on the trip so I also purchased her just the Sky Explorer portion.

Since it was my first trip I booked the excursion through Carnival so I did not have to worry about transfers.

It was pouring rain this day but no big deal, we got off the boat early and headed toward the excursion building and after we received our wristbands was quickly directed to a van.

The trip over to mystic mountain was fairly quick, just a few minutes. Once we got off we headed down the ramp to wait our turn for the Sky Explorer.

The grounds are just amazing, feels and looks like a rain forest (especially since it was raining). The foliage was lush and it was a very pleasant wait. It took us about 5-10 minutes for our turn, and lucky for us the rain stopped right as we got on the lift. I have to tell you I am terrified of heights :eek: but the view from the lift is just amazing. I got lots of pictures (which I don't have to post) of the view and the cruise ship as we headed up the mountain. I don't know how long the ride was up to the top of the mountain, we did have a couple of stops so I am going to guess it was around 20+ minutes.

My mom hung out in the pavilion area as I went over to get ready for the zip line. Since I was solo they put me with a group that was getting ready to head out and I was quickly outfitted with the gear, including a pretty red hair net :p. The staff was wonderful, not once did I feel uncomfortable with them and they made sure everyone was fitted correctly.

I brought my camera and during each zip I just set it to video mode and got some great shots. The guides we had were very friendly and funny and everyone had a great time. I did gasp during the free fall but it really was a fun zip experience. The views were great, and it is pretty neat to be zipping through the trees.

At the end you would normally get on the sky lift to take it all the way to the bottom of the mountain and then back up again. The guides asked me if my mom was waiting up by herself and when I told them she was they said to follow them instead. They took me down a trail where a bobsled quickly showed up and they took me back up the mountain the way they go ;). We were quickly back up the mountain in just a few minutes so I got to do an additional 1/2 bobsled ride too where it was pretty much full blast.

After I made sure mom was doing okay, she was buying and talking so she was, I headed over to do the bobsled. I wish you got more than one try on the sled since I was pretty nervous and even though rode it with the guides I still was apprehensive to make it go full blast. The ride was tons of fun and I would do it again.

I did not realize until after we were heading down that you could ask for a trail tour, you have to be guided but that would have been fun. The wet stones and trails could have been a problem but when we headed down the mountain we did see a few groups doing it.

Because of the weather I did not get into the pool, but it did look like a very nice place to relax. I could see on a hot day spending lots of time there, it is small so if the place did get busy it could be too many people in one area.

We headed back to the Sky Explorer to head down, and no more than a few minutes into the trip down the sky opened up on us. We were drenched rats when we got to the bottom but it was still fun!

Mom and I got back on the bus and he took us back to the shopping area across from the port where we did pick up some shirts and items to bring back home.

I am glad that we did the mountain due to the weather, I think that it would have not been as fun trying to go up the falls in the rain. The next time we are on a cruise that stops in Jamaica and I have the kids with me I would take my oldest daughter on that trip, she loves to zip line and I think the who experience would be enjoyable for her. I would also like to do the falls, just to say I did but that gives me an excuse to go back.

I would recommend the excursion to others, and on one note my MIL/FIL did end up going and doing just the Sky Explorer and after taxis they paid more than what my mom did through Carnival.