Robes?

knippsel

We recently spent 14 days in Aqua Class on a Celebrity ship. That cruise line gives their Aqua, Concierge, and Suite passengers very plus extra thick/heavy terry robes. The problem is that they are too darn heavy...and I actually found myself sweating while eating breakfast (and on that line in Aqua we would get a full hot breakfast) on our balcony. We actually met another passenger who had their steward take away their plush robe and replace it with the thin waffle robe (similar to what you get on Princess) used in the regular passenger cabins.

Hank:rolleyes:

Princess used to give us the heavy robes too and we were happy when they switched to the waffle type. Those big ones are way too big and too heavy.

You were lucky. I'm exactly your size, and the in-room robe was a joke. However, I did the ship's tour, and was "gifted" (overlooking the cost of the tour) with a number of things, including a really nice and way big enough deluxe robe to bring home.

Is the ship's tour worth the time and cost? We have thought about it a time or two but so far haven't gone.

Its called Ulimative Ship Tour it lasts about 3,5 hours and cost 150$ per person.

Even if you apply to the list the first day , it is not sure that you are confirmed to join. WE did the tour twice on the Ruby and now on the Royal Princess. For us it was the money worth ...everybody gets a bathrobe as a present by the way.

You will ventured beyond the public areas for example,ships engine controll room,medical center,print shop,laundry,photo lab and as a highlight you are invited by the captain to the bridge what was absolutley interesting.

Here its on the Ruby:

ust1.jpg

Here is the Royal :

acs6.jpg

All photos are complementary gifts together with beautifull frames.