Ship docks at 11am, too late for Stingray city via private tours?

whataboutport

I did a search but only found old posts from 2005. I looked at the Native way site and I like the Stingray/Coral garden and Starfish tour. Much cheaper at $40pp vx RCCL's excursion at $75pp (though it is one hr longer). Native's later tour starts at 11:15. So dumb question? Am I stuck with ship only excursions since we dock so late? Any other tours that go later?

I did a search but only found old posts from 2005. I looked at the Native way site and I like the Stingray/Coral garden and Starfish tour. Much cheaper at $40pp vx RCCL's excursion at $75pp (though it is one hr longer). Native's later tour starts at 11:15. So dumb question? Am I stuck with ship only excursions since we dock so late? Any other tours that go later?

In my limited experience with private tours, I've found that the tour operator's are very familiar with the arrival times of all the ships and adjust their start times to accommodate. I would email the company you are interested in and ask if they will be adjusting their times to accommodate the ships passengers.

In my limited experience with private tours, I've found that the tour operator's are very familiar with the arrival times of all the ships and adjust their start times to accommodate. I would email the company you are interested in and ask if they will be adjusting their times to accommodate the ships passengers.

I agree. While most private tour companies will have posted times, they will also do a "custom" tour for a specific ships itinerary. Give them a call.

stingray sailing http://www.stingraysailing.com have both a morning and a 1pm sailing time and offer a great tour. On their site it says: Our schedule is set to best accommodate the cruise ship passengers on our morning tours, and hotel guests in the afternoon. Our tour times change daily depending on the the cruise ship's daily schedule. Give Michelle an email and she will let you know quickly what is available for your visit.

Edited by lgsshedden

Check with Sail with Friends. We just were with them and it was great. Left at 1, back at 4:30. Private sailboat to uncrowded stingray area, then additional snorkeling. $450 total for the boat. 8 people max. http://www.sailwithfriendscayman.com. Alice is your Captain, and she is terrific!

Well I did end up emailing Native Way. They replied the time would be no problem, just as you all said. However the time at each location is only 30-35 mins. :(

stingray sailing http://www.stingraysailing.com have both a morning and a 1pm sailing time and offer a great tour. On their site it says: Our schedule is set to best accommodate the cruise ship passengers on our morning tours, and hotel guests in the afternoon. Our tour times change daily depending on the the cruise ship's daily schedule. Give Michelle an email and she will let you know quickly what is available for your visit.

How long is the tour? I looked at their site but didn't really see that info.

Check with Sail with Friends. We just were with them and it was great. Left at 1, back at 4:30. Private sailboat to uncrowded stingray area, then additional snorkeling. $450 total for the boat. 8 people max. http://www.sailwithfriendscayman.com. Alice is your Captain, and she is terrific!

Do we have to rent out the whole boat? There's only the 2 of us. For 8 ppl it's just a bit over $55pp, that's doable. But not if we don't have enough people.

The price is for the boat We found a posting in our cruise roll call that another couple had posted, and we joined them. If you have enough time, you could post before you book, and see if you can find someone first

Our family has four. We spent as much per person for a two minute zip line ride as this excursion. This was a way better expenditure,

The price is for the boat We found a posting in our cruise roll call that another couple had posted, and we joined them. If you have enough time, you could post before you book, and see if you can find someone first

Our family has four. We spent as much per person for a two minute zip line ride as this excursion. This was a way better expenditure,

I agree with you on that. The only reason why I have not done a ziplining excursion yet. I hear the one on Labadee is like $70?