Yokohama, port city for "Tokyo" departures

DesertPesce7751

Who's been to the port at Yokohama? What's the layout like and did you do any touring of the city?

We will be in Tokyo/Kyoto for three days prior to our cruise and thought it would be fun to see some of Yokohama on the day of embarkation. We were thinking that it might be fun to go to the Ramen museum.

Anyone think this could be feasible?

It is feasible if you have the time before your ship departs, but I find it very touristy and the ramen is not particularly good.

I would recommend going to Chinatown instead, which is quite near the Osanbashi Pier where the International Cruise Terminal is located. I don't know how long the walk would be, never having done it, but I'm guessing about 15 minutes. If BruceMuzz or Jacksan1 are around, they would have better information than me on that.

Yokohama's Chinatown (Chuka-Gai) has an authentic Chinese temple for the local Chinese people which you can visit, a great many shops selling not only souvenirs but Chinese spices, foods and medicinal herbs and of course many restaurants. You can get very good ramen in most places, along with many other delicious Chinese dishes.

When I have a free day, I often head to Chinatown in Yokohama. Yama****a Park is on the waterfront near the pier and is also a good place to stroll and take photos.

I hope you will enjoy your time in Japan.

Kate