Norwegian Breakaway Romantic Dinner

kennethwthomas17

We have just booked our first cruise on the Norwegian Breakaway for our 42nd Anniversary Celebration. After many cruises on Cunard, we would like to know from an experienced NCL guest, what you might suggest as the most romantic venue for an Anniversary Dinner on the ship. Any thoughts?

If you are sailing in the warmer months, go to Cagney's and sit outside on deck 8 overlooking the ocean. Beautiful view and the food is awesome too. This is the only specialty restaurant with no obstructions from the outside seating. The other restaurants and bars have lifeboats partially blocking the ocean view.

Have a great time for your anniversary.

I'm an Ex-Cunarder myself, having started out sailing exclusively with the QE2, QM2, QV, etc. Forget the Manhattan Room as an intimate place for dinner. It makes Mauretania/Britannia MDRs look like Michelin Star quality venues by comparison. The mass of people, loud noises, bad dancing, and merely passable service and food will provide you with a horrible experience if you're looking for anything resembling intimacy.

Le Bistro is a good option, as is Cagneys. The service in Le Bistro is fantastic, and the food is usually good. On my first Breakaway cruise, the duck was overdone, but it was perfect the second time around. I personally think that eating al fresco on the Waterfront at Cagney's is a wonderful experience not to be missed. Certainly there's Todd English's outdoor patio on QM2 (with its fantastic views of elderly passengers changing in their Duplexes and swimming in the aft pools), but the Waterfront is in a class of its own.

There's also Ocean Blue, arguably the most intimate space for dining aboard after the fantastic Haven Restaurant. I hate this place. Others will defend it to no end, and while I respect their right to think it's delicious, I personally cannot agree with the good reviews. Dishes are bland and boring. The Dover Sole was a salty, poorly cooked, inedible disaster drenched in meunière sauce and covered in an obscene quantity of capers. I've had better culinary experiences at convenience stores.

We have just booked our first cruise on the Norwegian Breakaway for our 42nd Anniversary Celebration. After many cruises on Cunard, we would like to know from an experienced NCL guest, what you might suggest as the most romantic venue for an Anniversary Dinner on the ship. Any thoughts?

All the above is great advice. I agree LeBistro may be your best choice. Whatever venue you choose talk to either guest services, the reservations desk or the maitre'd and let them know that this is special dinner and let them know what you want ....I have found that NCL staff has always tried to accommodate all special requests.

You can always go to this page http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/gifts-and-more

and purchase something ahead of time. If you are a Latitudes member and have concierge benefits arrange something through the concierge. Our cruise in October we used the concierge for the first time to get reservations for specialty dining when they told me there was no room.

If you do Cagney's on the waterfront, try to time it for sunset if you will be on the correct side of the ship.

Enjoy your cruise and hope you have many more anniversaries.

Ruth