Packing for a 3-night cruise

sunluva7

My packing list for a three night if I will only be eating in the MDR's would be three casual dresses/skirts/slacks/tops, three shorts and tops, one or two bathing suits, a sweater, undergarments, pj's. One pair of sandals that would match all dinner outfits and one pair of casual sandals for around the ship or in port. I would also bring workout gear. All of that would easily fit with my toiletries and cosmetics into a 20" roll aboard.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

Sunluva, I did my past two 7-day cruises with a carry-on and Vera Bradley weekender as my tote.

I bring mostly sundresses for dining and even daytime, which rollup nicely to pack. I also bring maxi skirts which also rollup into nothing, a few shorts, cute tops & tees, DCL nightshirt for sleeping :D and I'm set! Oh and workout clothes too--my running shoes take up the most space, so I try to wear those on the plane! I also bring 1 or 2 pairs of low sandals that go with everything. ETA swimsuit too!

I've always read to pick a color scheme, such as navy/nautical, neutrals, black, etc. when packing to simplify things. For me, I stick generally to a black/white w/bright accents theme and that works well for me.:)

Edited by Lovedisneycruise

Sunluva, I did my past two 7-day cruises with a carry-on and Vera Bradley weekender as my tote.

I bring mostly sundresses for dining and even daytime, which rollup nicely to pack. I also bring maxi skirts which also rollup into nothing, a few shorts, cute tops & tees, DCL nightshirt for sleeping :D and I'm set! Oh and workout clothes too--my running shoes take up the most space, so I try to wear those on the plane! I also bring 1 or 2 pairs of low sandals that go with everything. ETA swimsuit too!

I've always read to pick a color scheme, such as navy/nautical, neutrals, black, etc. when packing to simplify things. For me, I stick generally to a black/white w/bright accents theme and that works well for me.:)

Wow - would you pack for me - LOL! I always admire people who can pack light for a seven-day cruise. I've tried but always end up packing too much.

I'm a TERRIBLE overpacker. My sister and I ended up with one large suitcase, a 31 extendatote, and two small carry on duffels for a four night on the Dream back in the summer. It was MUCH lighter than what we packed for our five night in 2012, but we're trying to downsize even more. My advice would be to pair together an outfit for each day and a dress or dress pant outfit for dinner every night, and you should be good! Happy cruising!

Wow - would you pack for me - LOL! I always admire people who can pack light for a seven-day cruise. I've tried but always end up packing too much.

Aw thanks!:o There's a reason for my madness though lol--I absolutely hate checking luggage and have a fear it will be lost and all my new cruise clothes (I tend to buy a few new things each trip) won't make it to the ship! So I try my best to carry everything on the plane with me. It keeps me more relaxed.:)

But seriously, those maxi skirts or dresses made of the swingy poly-rayon blend fabrics really do roll up into nothing, hang without wrinkling, and they look appropriate pretty much everywhere on the islands and ship--except for the gym! lol