NCL Latitudes Rewards question

fivefoot4

We are booked on our first NCL cruise in April and have I joined the Latitudes Rewards program. Our cruise is 3 separate legs and a total of 28 days so after the first leg (14 days) when I get a new card for the next leg would I get a bronze card? On the third leg I would have already then done 21 days so would I get a silver card?

I hope someone who has completed back to backs will be able to answer this for me.

Pauline

We are booked on our first NCL cruise in April and have I joined the Latitudes Rewards program. Our cruise is 3 separate legs and a total of 28 days so after the first leg (14 days) when I get a new card for the next leg would I get a bronze card? On the third leg I would have already then done 21 days so would I get a silver card?

I hope someone who has completed back to backs will be able to answer this for me.

Pauline

In 2010, I was on a back-to-back cruise in the Med. I was given a bronze card for the second leg. My TA was aboard, so that might have helped, but you can always check in with the Latitudes office on board if you have any questions or concerns.

First of all, with NCL the cards are still the same, only thing that changes is the text printed on the card with your name - you won't be getting a silver card on most ships unless travelling in a suite (dark purple and silver cards are usually used to designate suite guests, all other passengers get random colors). ;)

About the level changes, see three posts starting from post #12 (there are post numbers on right top corner of each post) from this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1922217

In short: The points are credited to your account only after completing each cruise and it takes a day after that to be synced to ship's local database. It's very likely that you won't be getting the new level automatically as the customer database doesn't have the change recorded yet when the new card is printed. It's possible though, I described our process and findings in that older thread.

Hi,

yes it takes completing the cruise to get the new level. Since you will be "mid-cruise" when it changes there is no harm in asking about the upgrade. Go to a meet and greet, meet the officers and get their contact information; afterward -- call say you were at the meet and greet, and have a question...you may gain something -- you may not -- but at least you can give it a try.

Edited by agargoyle

We had this experience. It would not have been promptly credited without the help of the Latitudes person. Agree with the above advice to see the future cruise/Latitudes person for help on this. Mostly it means an invite to a reception at this level.