FLL hotels

sueoncape

Last year we too flew into FL..but cruised out of Miami.. our flight ended up getting in the night before.. after being very delayed. We arrived in FTLAUD. at 3am..thank goodness we booked the Hampton Inn Airport NORTH.. it had a 24 hr. shuttle service.. When we got in we called them before we picked up our luggage and the guy was there 5 minutes after we got out.

Now this is a great place to stay if you dont care about being near whats happening.. We just booked it again this year.. for $107....but this year we leave from FT Lauderdale.. and they have a shuttle that starts running at 10:30 am.. because the PORT in FT Laud.. doesnt open till then with all the new security rules..

I'm also considering the Hampton Inn for our pre-cruise April 23rd. Did you book this hotel direct or on line. And if on line, who did you use? I'm seeing rates of $170 on their web site. Thanks!

Ruth

I have a hilton Honors card.. so I went direct with hilton.. For a one night stay I dont care if I spend a few dollars for a nice safe hotel with great ammenities.

I first went to HamptonInn.com.. then looked it up but then called the toll free cause they have all my booking info and really take care of you.. I am paying just $107.. which I think is reasonable because I don't have to pay any cab fare from the airport or to the pier. So this justifies..it...

I dont shop on priceline.. because I like the 24hr.. shuttle.. I like to hand pick where I stay..

The $107 is much better than the $170 I found. I'll keep looking and who knows, maybe find a better price somewhere. I'm just not comfortable bidding on a hotel and not knowing just what I could receive.

Thanks for the info.

Ruthie

The $107 is much better than the $170 I found. I'll keep looking and who knows, maybe find a better price somewhere. I'm just not comfortable bidding on a hotel and not knowing just what I could receive.

Thanks for the info.

Ruthie

Ruthie I agree, I like being in control of where I stay!!

I thought $107 for a hotel w/breakfast and shuttle service is a fair price for Dec. Holiday season.

We also have stayed at the Hampton Inn Airport North a couple of years ago and just rebooked them for our January cruise.

We had no problem with the neighbourhood and thought the continental breakfast was pretty good too.

I booked it online with Hampton Inn and got a price of $143.00 CAA rate but that is their refundable rate. I will keep watching and hope that we can get a better rate before we leave. If not, then I know that we have a place to stay.

I will say that the prices have certainly gone up in 2 years. Everwhere site I look at, they want $120 and up. Two years ago, I booked online and it was only $89 per night. Oh well, price to pay for a vacation.

:)

Archived