Adult only excursions

Cammycruiser

My husband and I are taking a seven day Western Carribean cruise on the Fantasy during school vacation week in February. I noticed there are adult only excursions available but we didn't sign up for them due to a concern they might not get enough adult only passengers and they could be cancelled. Has anyone had any experience with the adult only excursions? What would be the odds they might be canceled?

We have done several adult only excursions. Usually they are the same excursion as one offered for families, but with a different departure (at least on the ones we did). Chances of being canceled depend on the mix on your ship/sailing date. We actually experienced the "adult only" departure filling so we couldn't get it. We had to choose between doing it with families or choosing something else to do that day.

Since we are 2 adults, we love the adult only departures. Sorry to families--we love you, but sometimes it is nice to be just adults.

No way to predict whether an adult only will be canceled or not. If it is, you will be contacted by the Port Adventures desk and offered a chance to either book the normal (family) departure or choose something else. You are not automatically put with the family departure. Of course, by then anything else you might have chosen might be full.

Another thought--almost anything that can be booked thru DCL can be done on your own, We are very comfortable with this in most ports, but sometimes the ease and safety of going thru DCL is worth the surcharge.

We booked a couple of Adults Only excursions when we sailed Alaska in 2012. Both of them ended up being cancelled but we were immediately put on the regular excursion. I don't think they will cancel and just leave you hanging.

We were just on the Fantasy for Western Caribbean in November and we also took the adults only excursions in Grand Cayman and Cozumel. They were awesome and had plenty of people. I don't think it's likely they would be cancelled due to lack of people.

If you are talking about the Chachobben ruins tour, I would consider doing it privately. The DCL Tour is very very crowded. You would be on an adult only bus.

We used Native Choice. 7 people in an air conditioned passenger van. A guise who grew up right there. No microphone just talking to us about the area.

We've taken adults only excursions in Alaska and Europe. They were great and when one tour didn't have enough participants DCL just placed us on the same itinerary that included families with kids. It worked out really well - no problems at all.

I would absolutely recommend the adults only tours. Unfortunately, I didn't look carefully enough and wasn't even aware of these when I booked ours last month. We booked an Under Two Flags island tour in St. Martin.....on a bus......on a really hot day......FOUR HOURS....with loads of little kids screaming and crying for most of the ride. I LOVE children, but it was very hard to hear the narrator (we were towards the front which was the only thing that saved us), and by the end of this tour, both my daughter and I had headaches and were anxious to get off the bus.

Again, I love children (have 2 of my own!:p), but will definitely look to book adults-only in the future for any bus tours!