Beach excursions w/ lunch

gumbeaux58

Trying to pick an excursion on our April MSC cruise. Only one option includes lunch, Parrot Tree Beach. The other beach options are Las Palmas and Fantasy Island but do not include lunch. Does anyone know if these other resorts have lunch to purchase? Is the provided lunch at Parrot Tree nice? My roomie cannot snorkel so it would be hard for her to pay for a snorkel adventure and not be able to use it on one of the excursions. I want a beach/rest day. The glass bottom boat tour would be nice for her but a little ho hum for me. I'm a diver and have dove the Caribbean extensively. Here is a link to the available excursions. http://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en//Cruise-Destinations/Caribbean/Honduras/isla-de-roatan.aspx?excTab=4&year=2013

Trying to pick an excursion on our April MSC cruise. Only one option includes lunch, Parrot Tree Beach. The other beach options are Las Palmas and Fantasy Island but do not include lunch. Does anyone know if these other resorts have lunch to purchase? Is the provided lunch at Parrot Tree nice? My roomie cannot snorkel so it would be hard for her to pay for a snorkel adventure and not be able to use it on one of the excursions. I want a beach/rest day. The glass bottom boat tour would be nice for her but a little ho hum for me. I'm a diver and have dove the Caribbean extensively. Here is a link to the available excursions. http://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en//Cruise-Destinations/Caribbean/Honduras/isla-de-roatan.aspx?excTab=4&year=2013

Just wanted to add that the day pass for Parrot Tree looks like it's only $15, and if you research some private tour companies in Roatan you will probably find that you can get there for much cheaper ($30/pp) than what the cruise ship is charging, and you'd likely get more time at the resort.

Many people will suggest a day at West Bay Beach, but we did not find it very relaxing last time, with vendors interrupting our peace non-stop. While we love the beauty of West Bay, we would definitely go elsewhere for a relaxing day next time.

Thanks for the info. my roomie refuses to do a private tour. Irrational fear of being left behind. lol. Having said that I think we will do something at West End.

Well we're all entitled to our hang-ups, right? ;)

Is this your first trip to Roatan?

Edited by CDNJehn

Yes, it's both of our's first trip to Roatan. My friend's inability to snorkel limits things. She has her quirks. There are two tours of West End we are considering. One is with the glass bottom boat and West End tour (3.5 hrs.) and the other is called Discover West End (4 h.5 hrs). Both say you can chill on the beach. Sounds like you are just paying for a nice coach ride. Is the public beach there nice and can you rent lounge chairs? Any info greatly appreciated.

Edited by gumbeaux58

Yes, it's both of our's first trip to Roatan. My friend's inability to snorkel limits things. She has her quirks. There are two tours of West End we are considering. One is with the glass bottom boat and West End tour (3.5 hrs.) and the other is called Discover West End (4 h.5 hrs). Both say you can chill on the beach. Sounds like you are just paying for a nice coach ride. Is the public beach there nice and can you rent lounge chairs? Any info greatly appreciated.

Gosh that's a shame, the snorkeling in Roatan is just amazing. The reef is so close to shore. I think your summation of the tours is right, you're getting transportation to/from West End with some tour guide banter along the way.

I can't comment on locations to rent chairs in West End as we've only been to West Bay Beach. There is a fast water taxi between the two, VERY short ride, if you wanted to go to West Bay. There are many beach clubs there. I like this information for pros/cons and costs...http://www.ronystours.com/add-ons.html

You'd have to search for West End specific beaches.

If you get the chance, rent some snorkel gear and head out to the reef...even if just for a bit. The snorkeling at the LEFT end of West Bay, near the iguana wall, is great and the beach is gorgeous.

ImageUploadedByForums1388948289.887816.jpg.59c7d7f1690a1be61fa6067690e708ca.jpg

Edited by CDNJehn