Miami Parking?

AmbeeBee

Hi! My family and I will be going on our third Disney Cruise in April and we were looking at parking options in Miami. We're unfamiliar with the port and have only sailed out of Port Canaveral in the past. We weren't really planning on staying in the area the night before and we're unsure of our parking options. Are there places to park with shuttles to the port or is parking at the port really our only option? Thank you! :)

Miami is a large city and downtown parking is expensive -- the hotels there and in Miami Beach charge their guests $25-30+/day to park. :eek:

Miami also has a significant crime problem and a large homeless population - many of the off iste parking operations are located in less desirable locations. You can save money and take a chance - it's your car and vacation. :(

Parking at POM is convenient, covers and secure, but costs $20/day. If you do not want a hotel parking deal and choose not to park at POM I suggest parking at the MIA airport and taking a cab to the port (about $24+tip each way). Good luck! :)

A lot of cruisers take advantage of the parking packages avail at many of the hotels near the airport and Blue Lagoon area. But if that isn't an option for you, then yes, do your homework here on recent threads re safe and secure options. As John suggests, some areas for parking aren't the safest and customer service is nonexistent.

Edited by eandj