Price drop after final payment?

Hi all,

We are cruising on Rhapsody to the South Pacific in February and have already made final payment. Today I got an email from Royal with sale info. I went online and did a dummy booking and our cabin is about $400 cheaper. What is the current policy with a price drop after final payment has been made? We will ring our travel agent tomorrow but he has been a little useless lately so thought I would hear wha others have done lately!

Thanks!

Its possible the price drop is across many categories. Take a look at the one higher than what you are assigned. You may be able to upsell to a better category for just a few dollars more.

That's the only way you might feel better about what you currently paid.

No OBC or refunds after final payment

Sale prices are typically for new bookings only. Don't look at them, and you'll avoid the surprise you just received. It is possible to upgrade to a higher cost if the non-sale price drops enough such that the new category is less than what you paid.

Personally, I pay a price I am comfortable with, and after the final payment date I just don't care any more. It's a vacation, and I don't want the experience tainted.

Enjoy your cruise.

I was just going to ask the same question. Our final payment is due in 2 weeks...our cruise is not only NOT on sale but it's like over $1000 more expensive for a d4 and we are in a d2.. Our cruise is the only one on our TA travel page not on sale.. Lol granted we are going the week of Easter.. Lol