Opinions needed: should we switch from a 4J to a L-shaped OV?

iheartmarshall

Hey everyone! I'm looking for some advice on possibly upgrading our room. We're booked in a 4J Inside (Deck 6) on Conquest but with this New Year sale, we could pay $100 more and switch to one of the L-shaped OV cabins on the Main Deck (room 2462). We've already ugpraded to the 4J from a PT during a previous sale because I really wanted a large window and I liked the easy access to the "secret" decks but the double windows and somewhat more spacious layout of 2462 is tempting. Most other OVs are the same price but the layout is what I'm interested in, so specifically the L-shaped cabin.

What are your thoughts? Are the L-shaped rooms really that exciting or should we stick with a 4J and experience it (I should add that this is our first cruise)? Would you stay in your 4J or try to switch to the L-shaped OV?

We stayed in a 4J room once and liked it a lot better than an interior room because of the window but I love looking down at the ocean and since this is your first cruise, I would move to the ocean view on the Main deck. There are pros and cons to both though. It is nice being on a higher deck at the front of the ship and deck 6 would put you close to the shows and a few decks below the Lido and pools. Being on deck 6, you could use the stairs more. Being on deck 2 you would use the elevator more going up to the Lido deck. The deck out front of the 4J rooms is nice but very windy out front and there are not any chairs-just a bench. A lot of people say you don't stay in a room very much and it wouldn't matter but you can never look straight down at the water with the 4J and you would have to keep your curtain closed at night because people could look in. The bad part about that ocean view room that you are looking at is that it is at the back on the ship and you may hear more engine noise. We stayed on the Main deck a few times but were toward the front of the ship. Search that ocean view room on cruise critic and you may find some reviews about that room. Hope this helped some.